Valentine's Day Hatch!!!

I'm happy to see we have so many hatch buddies! I am up to 21 eggs. I should get at least 3 more today. They have been laying 4-5 a day. Bator has been holding a steady temp and humidity. I can't wait to see how this turns out.

It's an LG that was given to us. It came with an egg turner in it and we added a pc fan. I have a big ol' lab incubator that was also given to me but we still need to make it suitable for hatching chooks.

chickluver:D :

does EE mean easter egger?

yuckyuck.gif
Not because it was a stupid question or anything like that, but how random it was
clap.gif

Ok I couldn't wait until the morning. They are now in the bator. Now I can't wait to candle them in about a week!!!
celebrate.gif
Ended up with two silkie eggs. I'm so happy they came through for me. What good girls!!!!

I didn't even do the calculations but set some eggs this evening - so day 1 is really tomorrow. Yay Valentine babies! I set 7 maran/maran cross eggs and 2 wellsummer eggs.

I'm so excited! I finally get to be in with the hatching parties - I'll be putting some eggs in tomorrow, (so a little after Valentine's) not entirely sure what all will go in there yet, but I'm certain to have some NHRs and some crosses of EE/Wyandotte and EE/Brahma. I really really want some Polish in the mix too, but for that I'd have to wait an extra day. Maybe I should. . . I'd love to see what a white crested polish and a white/duckwing splashed EE would make.

Okay, my Christmas hatch went well so I'll try the Valentine's Day Hatch! Was actually going to sell all them, but the gal can't get them till monday and I don't want the older eggs to go bad. (So now I am incubating the older 7, and selling the 9 I promised for $5). More porcelain d'uccle chicks on the way! They are such sweeties! Of course the question will be, 'Do I keep them all?- assuming all 7 hatch?'

Good luck everyone! I just set mine 3 hrs ago.

Back
Top Bottom