Valentine's Day Hatch

You can
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
hugs.gif
love.gif

Thanks for accepting it. Boyfriend and I got into a fight about the proper spelling of wookiee over that one (I won) but he can still out-nerd me 99% of the time.

Got my doghouse/fence combo today and got it set up. The ducks spent about 2 hours in it. They seemed to like it and enjoyed the balmy 35 degree weather we had today. They actually went into the locked duck house, too, on their own - probably because it's the only area that still has "dirt" (frozen) - but seemed almost like they wanted to just be locked in and spend the night outside. I resisted the urge. Too much work put into those ducks to have them freeze to death. Hopefully I'll be able to move them outside each day and bring them back in at night for the next 7 to 10 days or so while they finish feathering (they have a tiny bit left on their backs and back of head).

Hard to believe they're only 5 weeks old... <3

Thanks for accepting it. Boyfriend and I got into a fight about the proper spelling of wookiee over that one (I won) but he can still out-nerd me 99% of the time.

Got my doghouse/fence combo today and got it set up. The ducks spent about 2 hours in it. They seemed to like it and enjoyed the balmy 35 degree weather we had today. They actually went into the locked duck house, too, on their own - probably because it's the only area that still has "dirt" (frozen) - but seemed almost like they wanted to just be locked in and spend the night outside. I resisted the urge. Too much work put into those ducks to have them freeze to death. Hopefully I'll be able to move them outside each day and bring them back in at night for the next 7 to 10 days or so while they finish feathering (they have a tiny bit left on their backs and back of head).

Hard to believe they're only 5 weeks old... <3
Wow! They got so big so fast! They look like adults already! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom