Valentine's Day Hatch

I guess this means we're having a hatch within a hatch?
lau.gif

Anyone else candled yet?
hide.gif
lol.png
Day 3 here and I've already candled.

70% fertility on my Polish so far, 14/20 eggs good and alive.

68% fertility on my EE so far, 15/22 eggs good and alive.

I have three eggs more than fit in my turner, so I have them along the edge. I've been hand turning them. They are three Trader Joe eggs. I took a quick peek at one and it appeared to have veining. The rest I've been keeping hands off and don't plan to look until Tuesday, maybe Sunday if I can't stand it any longer.

Deb

Can't edit properly, re-posting.
hmm.png

Oh I give up, stoopid thing won't let me post what I'm trying to post and shows stuff in the preview I've deleted on another post and keeps changing me back to the format I don't like.
he.gif

Last edited:
Illia, I've been a candain' since day 2! 'Course it was only a couple, but I guess it counts~ I put mine in a day early as well, on Monday the 23, figeuring i'd have a latehatch.

But guess what? My incubator won't go down past 99. But stays around 101*. Humidity, I just leave alone. I'm not worried a bit, bc I'll go into lock down at the last second, when I see movemen in the air bubble. Hafta rig a way for me to turn my othr eggs tho, now that I think about it...

only about 18 0r 17 days leeeeft~~~!

Well this seems to be the closest group to my due date! I have 10 Serama eggs for the 17th, and 2 tester duck duck eggs for the 22nd. Maybe the ducklings will be my consolation prize if nothing from the shipped eggs hatch. I usually get something from every batch, but this is my first time with these tiny little eggs.

I won't candle til day 5, I try to get to day 7 but usually... that's a lot to ask of me. haha

I found a tiny little LED flashlight to candle these tiny little eggs! Candled before setting, some have air sac bubbles. So. we'll see what happens at day 5.

Good luck everyone!

I needed to candle some eggs due on the 7th so I checked my other eggs I can't tell on the EE/Amer as they are 2 dark but I have one LH/EE that looks great and 2 Porc D'uccles that look great all shipped.

Last night I hatched 6 black & Partridge Bantam Wyndottes, they are soo lively!! I had one that pipped at the wrong end that didn't make it, I should have helped it by the time I did it was too late, I hate it when that happens.

I have 5 Serama eggs set between the 16-20 that also look GREAT and 1 Amer that I was testing out in my new brinsea mini Eco that is coming along nicely. I hate having to turn it 3 times a day, I really like the auto turners better.

Happy Hatching!!

I had a busy day today
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
gig.gif
!!! I was going to post a pic of the cute Bantam Ameraucanas that hatched for me today but a sweet lady came today and bought most of them with a trio of Silkies too
love.gif
hugs.gif
!!! How about those caption pics everyone. The pic is your choice and Superlame.com is an easy site to add a caption with. Those notecards need a good home
hugs.gif
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom