Valentine's hatch-a-long

Hi. We lost our lovely white silkie rooster so snagged 3 eggs from my Easter Egger girls and hoping to get a few Jr.'s to remember my little guy by. This is the VERY FIRST time I have ever tried hatching eggs and I'm super nervous!. Using a borrowed 3 egg r-com mini. Set them on 1/21. Everyone, fingers crossed for us, praying for at least 1 little fuzzball. And any helpful hints, suggestions, etc. are welcome!
fl.gif

Hi. We lost our lovely white silkie rooster so snagged 3 eggs from my Easter Egger girls and hoping to get a few Jr.'s to remember my little guy by. This is the VERY FIRST time I have ever tried hatching eggs and I'm super nervous!. Using a borrowed 3 egg r-com mini. Set them on 1/21. Everyone, fingers crossed for us, praying for at least 1 little fuzzball. And any helpful hints, suggestions, etc. are welcome!
fl.gif

I lost a small hen last night to the cold. Still I can't bring myself to heat the coop. I hope your 3 eggs hatch.
I have not used a R-com before but they have great reviews.

fl.gif

Welcome. Sorry for your loss. Glad to have you join though.

So you should be hatching about the 10th, correct?

Yup if everything goes well we should have some peeping around the 10th. Not quite Valentine's Day but I hoped it was close enough for this hatch-along.

Last edited:
Yup if everything goes well we should have some peeping around the 10th. Not quite Valentine's Day but I hoped it was close enough for this hatch-along.
sure it is. Mine will be hatching close to the 12th if the eggs stayed warmed enough in the nesting boxes until I gathered them. And if all else goes well. With the extreme cold here, monitoring humidity and temps has become almost an hourly thing to do. At least I have the auto turner.

sure it is.  Mine will be hatching close to the 12th if the eggs stayed warmed enough in the nesting boxes until I gathered them.  And if all else goes well.  With the extreme cold here, monitoring humidity and temps has become almost an hourly thing to do.  At least I have the auto turner.

It has been crazy cold here too, -15 last night. I had no idea how long eggs could go before being collected and still viable so I actually put on my winter gear, grabbed my coffee, and waited in the coop until I got 3 promising looking eggs. I know it is crazy but I really want these chicks. Lol.

Set 8 BLRW eggs under my first time ever broody chicken.... Hope all goes well! Pretty excited for her! Excited to see if any little chicks emerge! Painfully anticipatory!

Woot woot!! I had no idea there was a valentines day hatch but I was counting days and mine should be hatching the day before. Super excited!

29 black copper, black, blue and splash eggs in the bator...! My first time with shipped eggs. Wish me luck.

Back
Top Bottom