valley quail

Wolrep

Songster
7 Years
Aug 29, 2012
Going to be putting 40 eggs in the incubator tomorrow just waiting for some other eggs to arrive. I can't wait and I'm very excited. Who here has hatched them? What is your recommended temps and humidity? And what do you change it to 3 days before they hatch? Just asking around to see what works best for everyone. They will be going into my new sportsman GQF. Loved the old one so I descied to buy the newer ones.

I am in the process of incubating some quail eggs for the first time. I have my temperature at 37.8*C and trying to keep humidity between 30-40% then during lockdown I plan to ramp the humidity up to over 60%. I am turning them 3 times a day :)

I generally run my quail incubators 99.5 all through the hatch. I try to keep humidity somewhat low with the desert quail at 35 to 40 %. At hatch time I up it to Around 50 to 55 max%. With valley and other desert quail they are used to low humidity and if you run it to high the chicks will be to big to hatch and if you up it to high at hatch time the seem to drown in the eggs. I have some in the incubator myself right now. I sure you knew this but they hatch in 22 to 23 days. Mine tended to be the first to hatch when mixed with bobs and bluescale, well the gambel hatched about the same.

Back
Top Bottom