Vandalism and predator attack.

Pics

Melky

Spring has sprung!
5 Years
Jul 23, 2018
My hens were killed last night after receiving threats last 23-25 from two boys playing in my cul de sac. They wanted to let the hens out beat them with a stick and bury the remains and leave the rest for dead. Last night someone unlatched these birds and let them out. They received a predator attack and someone tried to bury one of the hens. My latches are predator proof. No one has allowed the hens out or left them open. I believe we were a victim of vandalism that led to their deaths. Unfortunately we do not have security cameras in the back just the front. I was last out at the coop at 7 pm last night to treat Sophia’s foot and put her back. I found my hatch door propped open with the roost bar, hens out dead, massacred, and one body buried. If I saw that, I would know these kids had a hand in it because predators do not bury the remains, they can’t undo latches, and I received threats from kids in the neighborhood about a week or so ago. I called the police to report and didn’t find they took it seriously enough. I was curious to see if anyone else had this happen to them. Please note graphic photographs attached!
B85BAFAD-864A-4718-B9CA-7F9FEC12E93B.jpeg FC946B04-5A3C-4330-8C56-730DF8EF31BF.jpeg E060E2DE-07E6-4711-8896-F6E3A3893CC3.jpeg 1367A3F6-7BCD-4655-BF96-C24E2EF31328.jpeg

While the "kids" are out, sit on your porch and play heavy metal and spend a few hours sharpening a machete and cleaning out shot guns.

If the police are no help you could locate the parents who spawned these hellions and tell them about it.

Otherwise as I first said, the only way to get to a sociopaths head is to speak their language. There are lots of ways to lead them to believe you are willing to visit their bad deeds against those hens upon them personally with your own hands. All without harming anyone or uttering a word. Psyche them out as we used to say. Because unfortunately there is nothing you can do besides that. Kids like that who do such things are not children, they are young criminals who will grow up to do much more horrible things. And there isn't much that can be done legally about that.

Scene looks like a Bobcat came in and could not figure out how to get carcasses out. What else in your area has ability to get up on the chicken wire and is known to bury carcass?

We do not have anything but threats of boys to bury carcass. Bobcats are in Indiana but not KY. We have coyotes, raccoon, deer nothing more. Coyotes haven’t seen in over 5 years. We didn’t have chickens 5 years ago.

We do not have anything but threats of boys to bury carcass. Bobcats are in Indiana but not KY. We have coyotes, raccoon, deer nothing more. Coyotes haven’t seen in over 5 years. We didn’t have chickens 5 years ago.
I buy bobcat pelts for use in costuming, and some of the best come from Kentucky. They are found in every county in your state according to Kentucky.gov
Screenshot_20190803-191335_Chrome.jpg

I am so broken hearted for these girls. Still working on the police to treat this as vandalism since received threats a week ago. Plan to complain to police department on Monday. I do believe predators got to them after humans since we received threats of this nature. Will work to put security on the coop area such as cameras. I do not know what kind at this point but feel need something that would catch predators both human and wild alike.

Back
Top Bottom