Various Necropsies - Contains Very Graphic Pictures!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by casportpony, Mar 24, 2015.

1. 18angovem

18angovem Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2014
    Warren Pennsylvania
    The vet had to make an incision into the stomach due to a flipped stomach and some bacteria must have got in the cut and caused and abcess. All I know is that a few weeks earlier that cow had a flipped stomach and had to have an incision in his stomach and then a few weeks later she died and her body cavity had a us all in it. All the vet said was that it was an internal abcess. That vet wasnt very popular or experienced and she ended up moving... I actually dont have a vet now.... my recent vet just became a NY state vet and now I am vetless.

2. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    his is a hen that was walking like a penguin, breathing hard and she died while I was trying to drain the fluid.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Kathy

3. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop

Her symptoms started in May and she lived for 3-4 months.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. 18angovem

18angovem Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2014
    Warren Pennsylvania
    What caused that???

5. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    This was a 500 gram mass that I found in a hen's uterus
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-Kathy

6. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Here is a duck that a hawk attacked:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Kathy

7. w2teals

w2teals Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2015
    I had a Bobcat attack on my ducks one day... it was awful. looked like the hawk attack one but wider and cleaner cuts and ripped tracheas on three of the five. when I found them four were dead and one was alive but his intestines were hanging out dragging behind him through a 5 inch gash... I quickly put him down. He was my pride and joy too. :( my electric hotwire had stopped working and had no clue I about cried...

8. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    So sorry for your losses! [​IMG]

-Kathy

9. w2teals

w2teals Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2015
    thanks, it was two years ago now.. my first real loss on the farm lol. Ive learned much since then including having a backup system for protection at all times.

10. casportpony

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Those are amazing pictures!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by