Varmint guns

A .177 RWS Diana model 52 pellet gun w/3-9X40 scope; a .22 RWS Diana model 34 Panther pellet gun with w/3-9X40 scope; a short barrel Remington 870 with magazine extender (this is more for home defense than varmints); and a 30 cal m-1 carbine. I wish I never got rid of the m-1 garande or the ruger mini 14. Thinking of getting a Henry .22 rimfire.

No varmint notches yet. I think the electric fence is doing its job

Quote:
Do you carry shot in your 38 or slugs?

RSD

In the spring and summer I have two shot shells in my .38, and they are the first two shots in the cylinder. Then regular old hollow points for the other 3. I've got a 3" barrel H&K police special hammerless that I usually have on me.

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

Quote:
What do you have for a pellet rifle? And why that particular one?

RSD

Well it was the first gun i got(my dad got it for me when i was like 7) and thats how i learned to shoot. I keep it because i have a problem with chipmunks and gray and red squirrels inside the coop. I also keep it because my girlfriend wanted to learn to shoot and i wasnt going to have her shoot the big guns yet lol but mostly for the small varmits and such

it is a powermaster 66 shoots a .177 pellet

Last edited:
Quote:
I think I would put a tablespoon of lemon juice in a super soaker then fill it with water and use that. The problem with a BB gun is it is not guaranteed to be non-lethal unless you choose some kind of air soft rifle, and even then using a projectile weapon against an animal without the intent to kill it -- even though it is attacking your animals -- leaves you vulnerable to a charge of animal cruelty. And some cities and states have deemed even air soft guns to be firearms, so firing one in the city leaves you vulnerable to charges for that too.

Super soaker and lemon juice is the way I would go if I needed to run cats off and didn't want to kill them. Or trap them and call the shelter. I caught one little tom half a dozen times here before he quit coming around, because he simply could not resist the gooshyfood I used in the trap.

RSD

I use an electric fence to do the warning, then a .177 pellet gun to scare off dogs. If that doesn't work then it's either an AR-15 or 30-30 to get the job done. I've got chicken wire over the top of the run so I've not had trouble with the hawks, but I think hawks are kinda cool and wouldn't mind feeding one if it doesn't become habit.
wink.png
(the wife is gonna kill me for that post!)

the best i can do is hang a picture of the EX Wife and hope that scares whatever it is away

If I tried that, the hens would lay rotten eggs!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom