Varmint guns

Quote:
If I tried that, the hens would lay rotten eggs!
lau.gif

lol.png

My coop is over 250+ yards from my house so my go to gun is my 22-250....

If I got smaller critters and dont want to fertilize my yard with animal bits, i grab my ruger 10/22

And if im out and i see something ill grab my 870 12g with #4 buck

I hate when critters get into the birds area but sadly they all end up dieing with lead poisioning....
big_smile.png

Right now I use a 22 revolver
hg1.jpg

(I was a fireman/firstresponder. Becouse of methheads you need to carry but it has to be hidden.)
an a rabbit ear shotgun
9604000.gif

(It will reach out an touch anything out to about the 50 yards from my house to the back of my pasture but not go threw the wood-line to the neighbors.)
but this is on my Christmas list.
(Because, why not! Its cool)

Just so you know, pellet guns an paint ball guns will get you put in jail for animal cruelty. Shooting to kill wont. That our legal system for ya.

Last edited:
Hubby is into long distance shooting and target stuff so he does his own building and reloading. He has accuracy out to 1000 yards of about 3 inch groups so what we shoot with around here is not typical at all. However those guns are tightly locked up and very heavy so not our varmint first line in a pinch, but have been used when we set up to get something, like placing a call in the hayfeilds.

For daily use the ones by the door are the 204 (bolt action) and the 223 (semi-auto), loaded with V-MAX so they stay accurate and still hit hard enough out to our yard width of 350 yards. The 204 is scoped and the 223 is open site. We have a 22 that I have used to start processing on one uncatchable unruly Tom turkey that got way too big so even if I caught him I would not have wanted to wrestle him. I'm thinking of getting shot for it as I have starlings that get in the barn each spring and always bring mites with them.
rant.gif

The Mossburg 12 Ga For Close Work And Night Time Encounters. 00 Buck Or #4 Buck 3 Inch Mags
Rifle Work Done With The .222 - Handloaded With 50 Gn V-max. Use This Gun To About 200 Yards.

Most of my work is done with a bow. Right now it is a Parker, just love sticking a coon to tree or ground...LOL....

Neighbors are kinda close on 2 sides, so I have to keep loud "dispatching" to a minimum, or I get yet another visit for the wonderful boys in blue. (Love them really, its the neighbors I don't care for)...

Most of my "yard work" is done with a Ruger Single-Six in .22 ....love that gun....will handle it all from shot shells and shorts, LR, up to 22 mags....LOVE IT....

TNT

Back
Top Bottom