Varmint guns

Mojo Chick'n :

Quote:
Don't you wish some one would produce a modern gun for the

7.62x25 !!??

Yep, ammo is much cheaper for the tokarev than the makarov. I like my Mak, but hate to spend so much on ammo for it. Too bad it didn't take the Tok ammo
big_smile.png

meri​

If you reload ammo for the mac is cheap, just use cut down 9mm cases. I have the same problem with the 9X23 of expensive ammo, so I use cut down 223 cases.

I have two pellet guns I use for preds. One is a Korean high powered .22 cal. I have gotten rid of coyotes(4) with. And an English .22 that I normally use for racoons and such. Both guns are pressurized to 3,000 psi from a SCUBA tank. They are super accurate. Plus I don't have to buy expensive ammo so I get alot of practice which in turn keeps my marksmanship sharp.

I use a 12 ga. 3 1/2" mag and also a HR17 and sometimes when a fox is on the run a
30 06 works will drop him in a sec.

We have a shotgun and a .250 savage rifle. It's almost 100 years old. It belonged to my husband's great-grandma. It's a "ladies" gun--so it's light and pretty easy to use. It's got a hair-trigger and fires perfectly, every time. The fun part is that DH's great-grandma had carved tally marks into the handle where she killed things, LOL She was pretty good...and she used to trap wolverines in the cascades

Last edited by a moderator:
I use my Smith & Wesson 40 caliber pistol. My hubby uses the 12-gauge shot gun. I'm more accurate with the pistol than the shot gun. I might have to start carving marks on my gun for kills (see prior post) that would be pretty funny.

Quote:
When I get the bucks scraped together I may be adding a 223 to my arsenal too. I did train extensively with one at one point.

Do you load it with frangible ammo, regular soft-point or hollow point ammo, or something else?

RSD

Sorry, I didnt catch this. We use hollow point I believe, but we reload some as well.

Right now I am using a paintball gun for my neighbor's dogs. The ugly little devils only come out at night, so it's been hard to get a bead on 'em. (Let me rephrase that, they only LET them loose at night when they think I am not looking). I'd sure like to send them home with a big blue welt on their butt.

I have also requested a pellet gun from my husband for Christmas. I have a 30/30 of my own that I use for deer hunting, but with the proximity of my neighbors and the outlying main road, that would not do. My husband has a host of rifles and has shot rabbits for me with his 12 ga., but with the toddler around, I really need something more practical that I can keep closer on hand.

(PS--I really enjoyed the story about Granny's rifle with the notches carved in it. What a cool heirloom!
thumbsup.gif
)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom