Vegans of BYC!!

Pics
You know what irritates me the most about her? The fact that she claims to be saving vegans from bullying, but the only bullying and harassment comments i get are comments about “your not the vegan teacher are you? All vegans act like her.” Or “I hate vegans because they act like the vegan teacher.” This drives me crazy. Why can’t i choose what i want as my diet? Some people don’t do it to save animals. Some do it off allergies and preference. I have chickens but i don’t eat their eggs because i think its disgusting and the texture of meat is weird for me. I hate getting compared to her saying that every vegan acts like her, and the fact theres more people that act like her. They ruin it for all of us. :(
She has damaged the reputation of so many vegans. I'm all for respectfully spreading information and raising awareness, when it comes to animal welfare, health, etc, but forcing it on people, shaming people and making out of order comparisons is not on.

She has damaged the reputation of so many vegans. I'm all for respectfully spreading information and raising awareness, when it comes to animal welfare, health, etc, but forcing it on people, shaming people and making out of order comparisons is not on.
Agreed. People are aloud to eat and do what they want. When people are cruel to animals, that bothers me. But people can eat meat without being cruel. Like raising your own animals for meat, atleast you know they had a great life beforehand.

Anyway, whatever people choose, its their business. Same with what i choose. I wouldn’t like it very much if someone was trying to shove a diet choice in my face to be something i don’t want to.

On a totally different subject, I discovered last week that Target is selling Tabitha Brown foods and kitchen ware. I am now in love with the garlic seasoned, plant-based patties. They look good, have good texture, and taste great. Haven't yet tried the wine and mushroom seasoned ones.

The downside is that the patties are much pricier than my homemade black bean burgers, but these pea protein patties will be my occasional splurge for as long as Target stocks them. Living in the Midwest, where it's practically sacrilegious to suggest replacing meat at even a single meal. I suspect Tabitha Brown's food won't be a long-term item at Target here.

On a totally different subject, I discovered last week that Target is selling Tabitha Brown foods and kitchen ware. I am now in love with the garlic seasoned, plant-based patties. They look good, have good texture, and taste great. Haven't yet tried the wine and mushroom seasoned ones.

The downside is that the patties are much pricier than my homemade black bean burgers, but these pea protein patties will be my occasional splurge for as long as Target stocks them. Living in the Midwest, where it's practically sacrilegious to suggest replacing meat at even a single meal. I suspect Tabitha Brown's food won't be a long-term item at Target here.
Those sound amazing, I'm not that keen on mushrooms right now but even that appeals!
My current obsession is vegan cheeses, and crackers. Sooo good
I put olives, feta, cheddar, on a plate with crackers and sometimes vegan meats or pastries, sometimes fruit. It's such a delicious assortment to snack on! Especially with a glass of wine in the evening.

I'm going to try making Vegan cream cheese today or tomorrow. Apparently you can make it with silken tofu, I'm skeptical but I want to try it because it looks amazing!

Back
Top Bottom