Vegans of BYC!!

Pics
The first time maybe, but I told them it made me uncomfortable and they continued with the jokes :hmm
That's where I would draw the line personally. I myself joke along like that because it's true occasionally, but I can honestly say that my other friend would absolutely not find it funny

I forgot to respond with the question you asked on your thread! What do some vegans do with their eggs?

I give them away. Mostly to neighbors. (It really works as a great bribe. You can’t report my rooster crowing if i give you a dozen free eggs!)

Then occasionally i feed eggs back to my chickens.

I don’t eat eggs because i think its nasty, its goopy, smells dirty, i just don’t find it very appetizing in any form. Of course, this is just my view on it.

I forgot to respond with the question you asked on your thread! What do some vegans do with their eggs?

I give them away. Mostly to neighbors. (It really works as a great bribe. You can’t report my rooster crowing if i give you a dozen free eggs!)

Then occasionally i feed eggs back to my chickens.

I don’t eat eggs because i think its nasty, its goopy, smells dirty, i just don’t find it very appetizing in any form. Of course, this is just my view on it.
I find them kind of gross too. I've started putting them in cakes, and other treats. Anything I can put them in. I feed the rest back to them
I usually cook the eggs, but they've started eating them raw occasionally, not as fussy as they used to be. They're well mannered though, ignore the eggs while in the nest, but take me to the nest to ask for them.

I find them kind of gross too. I've started putting them in cakes, and other treats. Anything I can put them in. I feed the rest back to them
I usually cook the eggs, but they've started eating them raw occasionally, not as fussy as they used to be. They're well mannered though, ignore the eggs while in the nest, but take me to the nest to ask for them.
I feed them raw back to the birds. I won't eat them most times and these darn guys lay too many sometimes

Mine love tearing eggs apart and running around. They make a horribly mess, smacking eggshells against the walls and each other
Do you have a problem with them eating eggs from the nest afterwards? I heard that could be a problem but I didn't know if it was true.
When I was getting a lot of eggs, faster than I could give them away, I would make huge omelets for them.

Do you have a problem with them eating eggs from the nest afterwards? I heard that could be a problem but I didn't know if it was true.
When I was getting a lot of eggs, faster than I could give them away, I would make huge omelets for them.
I've heard the same, I'm not sure how often it causes egg eating. Personally, my girls have never been able to peck the eggs open, and they really don't bother unless I crack it first. But perhaps chicken beaks are better at it.

To play it safe, I believe the trick is to crush the shells so that it isn't too similar to a whole egg. Cooking would be even safer to really differentiate the eggs in the nest, to the ones in the bowl.

Very, very rarely. Only if the egg is already damaged enough they can break it without help

Back
Top Bottom