Veining

enggass

Crowing
13 Years
Mar 8, 2010
Mid-Coast Maine
Is it normal to see veins running up the inside of the egg to the air sac on day 6? I don't see the embryo with veins extending, but I do see the later...

I'm not sure, but I'd count that as fertile.
smile.png

Your problem sounds a lot like the one I just posted, tip the egg to the side, do you see the embryo then? Mine are also around day six and appear to be growing just under the air cell. The veining on these is slightly less robust than the chicks that are to one side or the other. Will be interesting to see if those eggs make it.

Ameraucanas, different sources too. How is the quality of the veining in yours? Those eggs appear to have finer veins or maybe the darker ones are also under the aircell? I'll come back and update how many made it and how far.

Last edited:
Day 9 here, I can now see the shadow of the embryo rocking around under the cell, def. still alive and veining is much better, more like what I expect at this stage. They seem to be just slightly behind development-wise compared to the other chicks that have attached lower or possibly I just can't see enough of them to get a good look. Should be interesting to see if they hatch later than the rest. Also of note, most of these chicks had or still have a partially detached air cell.

Back
Top Bottom