Venison-burgers? SUPER-FORTIFIED-TREAT?

Just don't over due it with organ meat. You can feed it though. I have never had an issue mixing a bit of organ meat into my feed. They love it and organ meat is packed with good stuff. Brains, hearts, livers, and eyes, oh so delicious! lol

I think that the train of thought when it comes to organs whether for humans or chickens is, The heart should be okay b/c it is a muscle just like the meat. The liver of a younger deer is best. Reason being the Liver is what filters out all the bad consumed over the years. I have an autoimmune disease and I am on Immuno Suppresants and the doctor does not want me eating any organs except the heart and a liver from a deer that is under 1 year of age.

But, hey that's not for everyone. My husband eats the liver out of alot of deer and he's okay
wink.png
But, here in CT we have what is called CWD (chronic Wasting Disease) And ever since that was a known disease we kind steer clear of eating any organs. I would say do a research at your Dept of Ag and see what they reccomend for human consumption. And do the same for your birds
big_smile.png

Quote:
We'll probably take a deer this year. Before I go and poison them, would you tell me for what reason would organ meat not be good for my chickens? Thanks!

I wouldn't eat an organ or a piano, either!
gig.gif

I thought the original post mentioning not feeding organ meats said that because they were talking about not cutting it up first and just letting it sit there till they ate it all. I'm sure most of the organs would be pretty rank before one day was up. But I could be wrong.

Beth G. :

I think that the train of thought when it comes to organs whether for humans or chickens is, The heart should be okay b/c it is a muscle just like the meat. The liver of a younger deer is best. Reason being the Liver is what filters out all the bad consumed over the years. I have an autoimmune disease and I am on Immuno Suppresants and the doctor does not want me eating any organs except the heart and a liver from a deer that is under 1 year of age.

But, hey that's not for everyone. My husband eats the liver out of alot of deer and he's okay
wink.png
But, here in CT we have what is called CWD (chronic Wasting Disease) And ever since that was a known disease we kind steer clear of eating any organs. I would say do a research at your Dept of Ag and see what they reccomend for human consumption. And do the same for your birds
big_smile.png

Quote:
We'll probably take a deer this year. Before I go and poison them, would you tell me for what reason would organ meat not be good for my chickens? Thanks!

We're close to an area with CWD as well, so I'll take your suggestion on checking with the local County Extension office. And if okay, I'll still probably steer clear of feeding the chickens any liver. Thanks!

Beth G. :

Quote:
You are too funny!!!!!!!!!!
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

I had to re-read that to figure out what you were saying and all of the sudden it was like...... OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HAHAHHAHAHHAHA

Wicked funny!
lol.png

Beth G. :

Quote:
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

I had to re-read that to figure out what you were saying and all of the sudden it was like...... OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HAHAHHAHAHHAHA

Maybe an accordian is more up her alley.
lau.gif

Not a big fan of liver and would be leery to feed it to the chickens unless it was a yearling. The deer around my house are forever eating the rhodedendrons(sp?
hu.gif
) which contain lead as well as the climbing ivy thats around my yard. Those golf course deer too are loaded up with who knows what.​

Quote:
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

Maybe an accordian is more up her alley.
lau.gif

Not a big fan of liver and would be leery to feed it to the chickens unless it was a yearling. The deer around my house are forever eating the rhodedendrons(sp?
hu.gif
) which contain lead as well as the climbing ivy thats around my yard. Those golf course deer too are loaded up with who knows what.

OMG That was even funnier!!!!!!! Is that possible?????

Oh and yeah I totally agree on the organs and live with the deer on the plants and golf course poisons thingy!

gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

We live in the boonies with no neighbors, I want to be clear before I tell my tale, so you don't think we gross people out.
tongue.png

We butcher our own deer each year. My animals live high on the hog during that period. Dogs get fed scraps while we butcher, and some saved later in the freezer. Once we get all the meat off we want, the whole carcass minus legs and head gets thrown in the yard. Dogs, cats and free range chickens have a buffet for about a week. At times you will see all three eating together LOL Once there is nothing but bone left we haul it to the ditch. The chickens love it! That is where they run first thing when let out of coop. I highly believe in feeding all my animals raw meat. It is natural and why waste the meat/feed?

I do have to keep a routine worming schedule due to the raw meat, but they would pick them up from something else anyway so I don't stress it.

Back
Top Bottom