Vent about hatching egg ads...

Status
Not open for further replies.
but he says that these came form those people which assumes that you are going to get show quality birds. If he where to say I can gurantee your chick willb be show quality like the last person I have dealt with then i would be fine with it. Know what would you say about sport marans

The Sport Marans are new to this country, they originated from a small town in France named Marans, as that is were they get their name. Marans are a very rare in this country as only a handful of breeders have them, and they are almost impossible to find.

now would you buy this breed because of what he says here?

Quote:
I'm confused by how you are wording this. Are you saying that because the person listing the auction states from whom he received his breeding stock I would assume that were I to win the auction I would get show quality birds from the eggs I bought? I don't think I would assume that myself. I have not bought eggs by auction yet. So I'm not sure.

Chellester wrote:

* If someone actually says "these eggs will produce show winners" in their ad, then obviously they don't know what they're talking about, but I've yet to see that. If you or anyone can direct me to an auction where it actually says anything like this, I would appreciate it*

I have seen it done in ads in the past. Although rare, people will do it to make a buck. We had a breeder in our own club that sold off ebay saying their birds would produce show winners. Needless to say their reputation caught up with them quickly.

Much like the term "rare" being used on ebay right now. If you carefully examine the pics these birds in no way fit the standard for what they are selling as "rare" stock.

When I buy I ask 90 million questions and ask for pictures etc. Some get offended by that. At that point I just move on to another breeder.

So many sellers count on Newbies to poultry being trusting and uninformed. That is why I think forums such as this are so important to help warn and educate those who do not have long term poultry experience.

What I am trying to say that If I bought birds from 2 famous breeders and then sold the eggs from my breeding pair they are no longer from those lines. They are now my lines. Thats what I am trying to say. If I where to buy silkies from hattrick I would not say my SQ girls and boys. I would say they could possibly show quality or pet quality. I would let the people know what they may get

I am going to be blunt here for everyone to see. No if, and, or but's about it!

If someone thinks or feels they are being flamed, use the report button and STOP POSTING REPLIES. Please continue private disagreements though PM or agree to disagree. Mod's will look into the issue and act in a group decision on what to do.

From this post on, please no more arguing or finger pointing. We are here to discuss in a mature manner, or this thread will be locked.

If offending parties continue to attack each other, further, harsher action will be taken.

hypnofrogstevie: I will be sending you a PM as many of your high participation threads have seem to be going beyond what the OP was intending, be that OP be you or another member.

Quote:
As the old addage goes, buyer beware.

thats what I am talking about with the sport marans. they say rare and only a handful of breeders have them. all they are is just a mixed breed lol. I saw 6 eggs go for $60 once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom