Vent: Beyond irritated with Little Giant products.

Arklady

Songster
13 Years
Jan 30, 2007
Kansas
I am sick and tired of the Little Giant product line. Everytime I find one I like I find that I am usually being taken to the cleaners by either you can't replace a part or it fails because it is too weak to hold up to daily use by my ahem. CHICKENS sheesh.

I am looking to the future and to me metallic waterers are just too heavy. I have managed to make some nice feeder troughs using plastic guttering and end caps then putting it on 2x4 pieces cross wise but waterers are just beyond me and I am tired of spending40$ for a waterer and then looking at replacing it because I can't get the 2$ o-ring when it fails. With bigger birds you need large waterers. But I also need something I can manage myself. (My son generally puts them in the pens after I clean them up and fill them.)

I am looking for any one and everyone to post what products they use for their birds, on their post so I can look into switching. I am sick of this monetary loss they can kiss my bum forever.

Oh their bators suck too. I have a hova... and a sportsman.

Be sure to include links if you have them!

smile.png

Arklady loves her sportsman bator.

One of our local feed stores has started carrying the Beacon brand. These are some heavy duty feeders and waterers and they stand up so much better to the elements than Little Giant products. We were tired of spending lots of money to have to replace them in a year too, but the Beacons are great. Look them up on the net.

Sorry but all I could find on Beacon products was industrial chicken products for a large scale operation.

Arklady

I am switching over to the cheep black low feed bowls for livestock. You can see with a glance if they need water and they are supper easy to clean. They never need parts and you can get them at Wall Mart. I went to a chicken ranch the other day and she was using 5 gal buckets cut in half!

I use the rubber "hog bowl" for water, especially in the winter. They are so much easier to get the ice out, and wont crack,break, or leak. I mean, if they can hold up to hogs....I dont think my 9 pound chickens are going to hurt them. They have been GREAT through the winter. I love them!

Thats cool Just but don't your birds walk in their waterers? I hate my birds crapping in their waterers and playing with their feet.

Its the one reason i don't have wyandotts. They walk in their waterers and get it filthy.

They get dirty enough and I like the smaller waterer bases so they can't but then they sit on top of them and crap in them so whats worse!

Argh!

Arklady

I've converted to an open water pan, shallow enough for the ladies to walk in if they like. In the summer I keep it in the shade, and when they are hot, they wade. I clean & fill it daily, and they love mucking about in the water from that. Here in AZ, we have some pretty hot, dry summer days, and they really seem to like having open water available.

I use two of these
18_autopoultrywaterer.jpg

One is a 5 gallon and one is a 3 gallon. I have had them about 4 years and never had a problem. The pan part has plenty of room and is deep and wide enough for the ducks to get a good drink.

Back
Top Bottom