Vent gleet

Sbuttress

Chirping
May 8, 2020
Sydney Australia
Hi I suspected my chicken got vent gleet after needing antibiotics to treat an infection. She's 2 years old
It's been over 2 weeks and she's still having poo stuck to her feathers even though I have trimmed most of them and have been giving her canestan cream and baths nearly every day and garlic in the water , but she still smells and looks bad. Is there anything else I can do??

Attachments

• IMG_20200920_145853.jpg
    IMG_20200920_145853.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
What was the cause of her infection? Has that cleared up?

I would try giving her some probiotics as well. You can use purchased probiotics that go in the water, give a little yogurt daily or buttermilk with a bit of white cooked rice.

What was the cause of her infection? Has that cleared up?

I would try giving her some probiotics as well. You can use purchased probiotics that go in the water, give a little yogurt daily or buttermilk with a bit of white cooked rice.
Yes the infection is all cleared up now. I have been giving her yogurt and she's looking alot better no more runny poo but it's still sticking to the feathers really bad and I have to bathe her almost every day and it's been 2 weeks so ive stopped using the antifungal cream but the bum feathers and just still catching poo even though I've trimmed them

Any one help. She still gets poo stuck on her bum because she's missing feathers and it's still runny even though I've done everything on this forum for about 2 months nearly

Any one help. She still gets poo stuck on her bum because she's missing feathers and it's still runny even though I've done everything on this forum for about 2 months nearly
Is she laying eggs?
Is her bottom a little swollen?

A current closer up photo may help too.

You may need to trim feathers and apply a skin protectant to the exposed skin. Not sure if you have Hen Healer. You could use Nu Stock as well.

Is she laying eggs?
Is her bottom a little swollen?

A current closer up photo may help too.

You may need to trim feathers and apply a skin protectant to the exposed skin. Not sure if you have Hen Healer. You could use Nu Stock as well.
She is laying but the eggs are very weak and they all eat the yolk inside but her butt is a little swollen still. I have given her so many baths and trimmed some feathers

Attachments

• PXL_20201023_053722847.jpg
    PXL_20201023_053722847.jpg
    734.5 KB · Views: 14
  • PXL_20201023_053722006.jpg
    PXL_20201023_053722006.jpg
    714.3 KB · Views: 10

Back
Top Bottom