Sbuttress

In the Brooder
May 8, 2020
Sydney Australia
Hi I suspected my chicken got vent gleet after needing antibiotics to treat an infection. She's 2 years old
It's been over 2 weeks and she's still having poo stuck to her feathers even though I have trimmed most of them and have been giving her canestan cream and baths nearly every day and garlic in the water , but she still smells and looks bad. Is there anything else I can do??

Attachments

Wyorp Rock

Hi Ya'll🙂
Premium Feather Member
Sep 20, 2015
Southern N.C. Mountains
What was the cause of her infection? Has that cleared up?

I would try giving her some probiotics as well. You can use purchased probiotics that go in the water, give a little yogurt daily or buttermilk with a bit of white cooked rice.

Sbuttress

In the Brooder
May 8, 2020
Sydney Australia
What was the cause of her infection? Has that cleared up?

I would try giving her some probiotics as well. You can use purchased probiotics that go in the water, give a little yogurt daily or buttermilk with a bit of white cooked rice.
Yes the infection is all cleared up now. I have been giving her yogurt and she's looking alot better no more runny poo but it's still sticking to the feathers really bad and I have to bathe her almost every day and it's been 2 weeks so ive stopped using the antifungal cream but the bum feathers and just still catching poo even though I've trimmed them

Top Bottom