Vent prolapse

I'm going through it now and she's my pet so it just makes things that much more emotional on my end. Managed to keep hers in but now I think she has an infection of some sort as her energy level is very wavering and for most of the day she seems uncomfortable. Every time I call the vet for potentially the 'E' word in regard to quality of life (Kills me inside..) She perks right up, chirps at me like usual and gets all bouncy, hour later she's back to being lethargic.
Have you been giving her yogurt and electrolytes? I was lucky my girl didn’t get an infection.

I make a homemade concoction I read about years ago, mashed feed (Small amount for binding) Garlic, Oregano, Tiny bit of Calcium, Ginger and her water has electrolytes added.
Sounds like you are making her comfortable with vitamins. My girl never really stopped laying completely she stopped only for a couple of days but was never lethargic. Did she ever do a shell less egg or a really big egg? Could she have maybe something still stuck in her that she is trying to push out.

Sounds like you are making her comfortable with vitamins. My girl never really stopped laying completely she stopped only for a couple of days but was never lethargic. Did she ever do a shell less egg or a really big egg? Could she have maybe something still stuck in her that she is trying to push out.
She drops an egg about ever two days which is pretty normal for her at this point.

Any updates on your hen?
She was very active and resembling her usual self, dragging her beak along the wire like she's in prison with a tin cup. She did that while I was outside with her for about an hour then kind of messed around in her pen then I assume needed a rest so hopped up into her cubby. Started her on Terramycin 25mg powder dosage (Hope I got it right...). Ate her grass clippings and my garlic concoction today so I'm feeling positive~

Back
Top Bottom