VENT Tired of drop offs! (Pictures of the cats added)

Zahboo

Simply Stated
10 Years
Feb 3, 2009
Hope Mills, NC
I am so SICK AND TIRED of drop offs. We've lived in this house for 1 ONE year and have had 6 dogs and now 3 cats dropped off. This is the saddest yet.

We were going to McDonalds and saw a pet taxi, satelite dish, and bed on side of road. We thought they fell of a trailer or something. We were talking about how we could use a pet taxi, pet addicts as we are. Mom pulled over and I got out. She said leave the satellite dish, and grab the taxi. I was walking up and it moved! SCARED THE POO OUT OF ME. 3 females. Zip ties holding it closed, on the butt end of the taxi. One is longhair DEFINITLEY prego, other 2 are fat or also preggers. This is a shame. They are eating in my room now, we probably can't keep them, but with it being freezing tonight, I can't let them stay out. STUPID PEOPLE. We will call animal control tomorrow. What gets me is they are clean, no fleas. They do act like they have a resp. infection, sneezing and gunked eyes.
rant.gif

I'll post pictures as soon as we check them over. So much for a hot fudge sunday...

I am guessing from looking at a website, blue tortishell, classic red (orange) tabby, and I'm not sure on the last one.

cats011.jpg
cats014.jpg

cats010.jpg

cats013.jpg
cats016.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Me too we are housing a stray dog right now, she is so sweet, but likes to chase the chickens!
We can't keep her! I have an ad on free cycle and a few want to come and meet her!
I hope someone comes and gives her a home! She is so clean and was well taken care of!

DSCN4732.jpg

aw, poor babies!!! if you dont find a home for them let me know... at least the black one... maybe i can talk dh into a cat... lol... i hope they really did just fall off the truck, and that their owners are looking for them!!!

Sadly, I'm used to feeding stray animals, or getting them to vet for meds, but this is so sad. They wouldn't have a chance since they were caged up. A dog could have come by and messed them up or anything.

I doubt it. The black one we are pretty sure is prego. We are also worried because her eye is red and gunky. I would love to give you a cat!

Like a few other members that have posted recently, I find it incredibly distasteful to drop off animals, have animals you don't take care of, or starve them. It really is ok if you don't want them. Take them to a shelter. There are several no kill shelters i nthe nation, and I regularly adopt and send people there. There is no need to dump animals.

My cat Angel, who is now 10 years old, when I found her, she was in a rubbermaid container with 5 newborn kittens - the container was duct taped shut. I had to find a security guard with a box cutter to get it open. We still have mommma and one kitten. So sad.

Back
Top Bottom