Ventilation height

Poodlemum

Crowing
Aug 26, 2021
Northern Utah
These little toads aren’t supposeddddddd to be shunning the roosts, but they prefer sleeping up on the mini coop instead. We finally had good enough weather to add some more of our planned ventilation. Will they be ok or do I need to put away the mini coop early? There’s more babies that roost in the eves of the mini coop, but I want to build some other perches once the whole coop is opened up

(Light come on when I tuck them in, then it’s turned off)
A14CC36E-6B46-44D9-A8EF-CC15F8723620.jpeg

I don’t care if they do sleep there, but if they’re going to get chilled from the vents, I can move it. We just don’t have anywhere to put it yet unless I absolutely must

I don’t care if they do sleep there, but if they’re going to get chilled from the vents, I can move it. We just don’t have anywhere to put it yet unless I absolutely must
Have you tested or checked if there's likely to be drafts at the location? I don't know your predominant wind direction(s) nor the coop orientation relative to that.

Me, I'd rather put in vents and then buffer or partially close them if needed. Easier to close them up in case of a bad storm than to not have them the rest of the time.

Have you tested or checked if there's likely to be drafts at the location? I don't know your predominant wind direction(s) nor the coop orientation relative to that.

Me, I'd rather put in vents and then buffer or partially close them if needed. Easier to close them up in case of a bad storm than to not have them the rest of the time.
They’re on the north side (fully open door on the south side), with north and west sides about 2’ from wooden fencing. I feel like we mostly have east/west winds? If you step a few feet forward of the door it’s field fence and the wind just bites into you 🥶 We’ve had some terrible winds whip through there, but the snow doesn’t blow into the south facing door usually. I’ll take something out to try and test for drafts just in case!

Here’s the type of vents we put in if that helps
6DBA3651-2E48-47A9-886F-3D689333C608.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom