Ventilation

For condensation you generally want opposite vents up high to move the air through. What's you lows in winter? Fans and turbines may create drafts, you want good air exchange, but not necessarily air moving through too quickly in the colder months.

For condensation you generally want opposite vents up high to move the air through. What's you lows in winter? Fans and turbines may create drafts, you want good air exchange, but not necessarily air moving through too quickly in the colder months.

It can get down to single digits and below 0 on the coldest nights. I was planning on using a fan as exhaust only. Would that work?

As I said before the ceiling in my coop is non existent since the clearance is about four feet. If I install opposite vents the birds will be in direct way of the air flow since their roost bars are right up against the ceiling.

IMG_4971.JPG

It can get down to single digits and below 0 on the coldest nights. I was planning on using a fan as exhaust only. Would that work?

As I said before the ceiling in my coop is non existent since the clearance is about four feet. If I install opposite vents the birds will be in direct way of the air flow since their roost bars are right up against the ceiling.
I would move your roost down some. Birds right up against the roof are more at risk from frostbite.

@aart

This is the first floor of a two floor coop. The roost bars are near the ceiling of the first floor but there is a whole other second story above.

Yep. I have adequate ventilation upstairs though because the ceiling is higher and I have vents across from eachother.

The birds roost about half upstairs and half downstairs.

Back
Top Bottom