Venting, which for me doesn't come easy Update 11/14

Quote:
That would actually be a pretty cool lesson for the kids and their families.

Maybe if all the prisons made the inmates be self-sustaining we'd have more $ for schools...

Schools are always cut first because if you vote for a tax reduction or you vote something in they don't like they've got to punish you by cutting where it will hurt you personally.

My friend teaches in AZ. She refuses to spend her time teaching the kids how to pass the standardize tests. Basically they want their teachers helping the kids to just pass the tests so they look better in ranking than they really are. She believes in teaching the kids so they get a good education just not what they need to know to pass that test.

There just needs to be more accountability or checks and balances. The problem is, it's a two edge sword. If you add another level to account too, you add another level of corruption. You just can't win anymore. I'm sorry that garbage like this affects our good teachers and causes our kids to have a poorer education.

Quote:
hmm.png
I feel for you, the staff and all of your students.

Well, they started removing light bulbs today. It makes it look like the school is closed from the outside. I'm lucky, my portable has windows on two sides so I have plenty of light! Oh yeah, and we got a survey today asking us to choose an option. We all get an unpaid week and lost 27 people, or we don't get an unpaid week and we lose 98 people!

One school in our area DID go with an "experiment" that taught the kids good skills and environmentalism and was worked into many aspects of the curriculum. The kids grew their own foods and raised chickens and goats and rabbits.

The kids loved it and the attitude of the students went way up. But, in the end they decided it was more expensive to raise food and they discontinued the program.

One year I taught in a classroom without heat. Now I know I live in California where the sun shines all the time but my kids and I could see our breath it was so cold. All adm could say was "students and teachers must dress appropriately for the weather."
Yeah, Id say that is so, but mittens, gloves, coats and nose-warmers while we are trying to learn Chemistry????

PS at my new school they cook us. We have to open the windows to let the heat out so we can breath. The district wastes so much money and unfortunately the heating is not controlled locally so we cant shut it off or turn it on ourselves.

Back
Top Bottom