Venting, which for me doesn't come easy Update 11/14

Yesterday the District made an announcement that the State Ed. Dept. gave them permission to use "left over" money from the construction of the new high school next to my elementary school. It just happened to be the same amount we needed, 3.9 million.

We have a burrito lady who delivers to us ever day, this morning she told us that the guys who are the constructions workers on the high school said they wouldn't be there next week to buy burritos. They told her they were told the district was out of money so the construction would have to stop until more funds were available. So it looks like the "left over" funds weren't left over, they were to funds to continue on phase 2 of the high school. Of course it may be rumor but who knows.

The good news is less people will lose jobs, the bad news is we don't get out light bulbs back and still can't use the electricity in the rooms for non-necessities.

I have to get in this. While I know home schooling won't work for everyone, I taught my kids for less than $500 per child. If we could open our school system up with charter schools and vouchers, we could eliminate much of the bureaucratic nonsense and let teachers teach.

Quote:
Well our district wanted a tax increase this year and I have to say I did feel bad for voting no, but hey - I homeschool and no one helps me out with a tax break, so I voted my situation.

Needless to say - it appears that everyone WITH kids in the district voted no as well. I really don't know how much they spend per pupil in our little town - but it is a heck of a lot more than I spend at home. I don't know the answer to education - but I don't think it is money, or at least it isn't money alone.

I hope everything works out WOW - no one wants to think about stuff like this around the holidays.
smile.png

I think we need to have more choices on the ballot. No I don't want this, Yes, I want this or Yes I want this but reallocate money you already are wasting to pay for it.
big_smile.png

See the problem is if you vote no for a tax increase, they'll take the money from something that will hurt you more to punish you for doing that. They won't give up their leather desk chairs or solid cherry desks to help pay the bill.

Back
Top Bottom