I finally started building our coop today after many, many hours of research. Over the last week I've made a clearing on the edge of our lawn. The coop will face southwest. I brought some lumber over to figure out exactly where the coop should go. I realized that one of the stumps was in the way, and even if I cut it low it wouldn't be right. I tried digging it out, but soon realized that it was going to take a very long time, especially with all the rocks. I decided to get it out the old fashioned way - burn it. When I wasn't tending the fire I cut some of the lumber to length. I ended up having to keep the fire going until past dark, so I wasn't able to get as much done today as I had hoped, but at least I stayed busy. I'll be back at it in the morning.