Vermont Chicken Coop Build Log

MadChickensVT

Songster
11 Years
Sep 5, 2011
Middlebury, Vermont
I finally started building our coop today after many, many hours of research.

Over the last week I've made a clearing on the edge of our lawn. The coop will face southwest. I brought some lumber over to figure out exactly where the coop should go. I realized that one of the stumps was in the way, and even if I cut it low it wouldn't be right. I tried digging it out, but soon realized that it was going to take a very long time, especially with all the rocks. I decided to get it out the old fashioned way - burn it.
coop_build_1.jpg

When I wasn't tending the fire I cut some of the lumber to length. I ended up having to keep the fire going until past dark, so I wasn't able to get as much done today as I had hoped, but at least I stayed busy. I'll be back at it in the morning.

Last edited:
Quote:
Well well well, that is a good start and we are so waiting to follow your project so please keep on posting pictures and good luck and have all the fun you can while you are building your new chickens coop, because as I say it is more fun building chicken coops than having the chickens
lol.png
lol.png

There is no digging at my home either. All rock and gravel. We live at the foothills of the Heldeberg Hills and boy there are more rocks than soil! Good luck on your build!

Yeah, that TOTALLY figures that you have the location and then spend all day--not building, but prepping the area. That would be something that would happen to me. ha! Love all those woods, looks like a nice shady spot the birds will enjoy.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom