Vermont

Pics
@Pyxis what is the name of the liquid medicine used to get Mareks under control? I don't have any symptoms - not for me - whew ..... but on FB someone is telling another there is flat out no cure - I don't want to argue too much - because it is a LONG treatment - I remember over a month of daily water dosing ..... and I don't blame anyone for culling their flock if they have it and not trying to treat .... was it Wazine ? or was that the wormer ???

@Pyxis what is the name of the liquid medicine used to get Mareks under control? I don't have any symptoms - not for me - whew ..... but on FB someone is telling another there is flat out no cure - I don't want to argue too much - because it is a LONG treatment - I remember over a month of daily water dosing ..... and I don't blame anyone for culling their flock if they have it and not trying to treat .... was it Wazine ? or was that the wormer ???

Unfortunately there is no cure for Marek's :( It's a virus, nothing can be done about it. You might be thinking of mycoplasma, for which Denagard can be used and it's said that using it for six months in a row (dosing the water for a week each month) may cure the birds of it.

Marek's is a nasty thing - it can live for YEARS in the environment. Even culling the flock won't help if the new birds just become exposed to it again through the environment.

Oh - I bet that is it - Denagard looks familiar - well then - I'm glad I shut up ! ha ha

How is the feed situation Now ? any changes ? have they got through your fenced defense system ?

Oh - I bet that is it - Denagard looks familiar - well then - I'm glad I shut up ! ha ha

How is the feed situation Now ? any changes ? have they got through your fenced defense system ?

Haven't had a chance to put it up yet - I'm frantically trying to finish the new hoop coop that I'm making out of my AC's old run since the peachicks REALLY need to move into it and out of the brooder, so all my efforts are going there. They're nearly six weeks old now and way too big. They all got out today by knocking the lid off and nearly gave me a heart attack. But I hope to get it set up Thursday. I have a four day weekend, so I should be able to get it up before Monday, or I'm a total slacker, lol!

Haven't had a chance to put it up yet - I'm frantically trying to finish the new hoop coop that I'm making out of my AC's old run since the peachicks REALLY need to move into it and out of the brooder, so all my efforts are going there. They're nearly six weeks old now and way too big. They all got out today by knocking the lid off and nearly gave me a heart attack. But I hope to get it set up Thursday. I have a four day weekend, so I should be able to get it up before Monday, or I'm a total slacker, lol!
speaking of peababies :pop new pics??

speaking of peababies :pop new pics??

Did you happen to see the ones I posted in the Pond thread? If not, here's one of them:

dj0Wd-wWhXiLZWuxutO-lQLCBa8WJ_UCbQ9p1AHk6EmsFjR2QcxwBgFIcfvD31zcd0tmAZf6i9_Op3NoBFbNfTyvZQdAyY5lpU2YT5U3Lpx0Pq_oeLjAqk8smAI9tjPQOhKUf4UdtRX4vmloRZT6EjrTvHdRPIGWsxsoTr5gB3gSHZXQze-ZOstuYK0yQyIExsdkdhCxWFGYVT5Pj8bvPY-grV1VhUSqWQdeh5Nf0JuqI2y6J6StidQhzn0_ZaFNkme3wZBJese17DVN8Fy7N9-zr6vAZMjMGRDGAqymbKM7_BCj8V751fq_E08qvQU1q-v0BrR8NlmVCkKW-6Wc1HhbShX5LfmwCDUo_mZmwoekP6K9IV5WMKKPvr8O2cO1sDctnUFv8UJozD1WNtSRm5g74VlPN-aMLb28leN3FA1gcDbUdkOANo30xJMiZM5ETQLM6pOWHXUcbv54BVJdLaePZQCzq_ukQdJFCvr5hzMsFRsR-OJ8VL4KPFF5SlwrMRntxXOHi9UdaUilshrHezoFXzn41CmPyABICQsSTXVFBkpqJ1eAKYY2lD0PTA9ZDJHtrY9fA6w5xFCrE86b7U9idGiiBGG1cExCU7dlK1n9dkZFr08n=w883-h662-no

Back
Top Bottom