Vermont

How can you afford straw?

I use first cut hay for nesting boxes and winter run ground cover. They love it. All the weeds and seed in first cut allows them to "forage" in these dark and frozen months. First cut is a bit over $5 a bale. As cheap as it gets.

Good evening all! Wondering if by chance anyone has one or two light Brahma hens they’d be willing to part with? Unfortunately we had a hawk take one of our girls and now her sister is so lonely and cries for her... it’s heartbreaking. Hoping to find our girl a new friend.

Where are you located? I'm in Barton.

I don't have Brahma but do have pullets I can part with. They'll be coming into lay this spring, likely will brood later spring.

i don’t even know if this is possible with the current “stay at home“ order in place, but my 3 duck hens (1 Rouen, 2 Muscovy) are looking for a smallish Mallard derived drake to share romantic get-togethers in the pool, leisurely foraging trips in the sun, and snacks of the finest dried mealworms. They would prefer a drake who has respect for his ladies. My smallest Muscovy hen is 5-ish pounds, and she would like to make sure that any romantic partner would be size-appropriate. My girls are clean and healthy, and they request the same standards be met by any potential mate. Older drakes are just fine. The girls appreciate experience!

@Stelliebellie1234

Hey, thanks for asking. He's doing well and has grown into such a handsome boy. At least when he's not covered in his mash.

105702682_837991707314_6545636134535437933_o.jpg

Him two days ago after lunch, standing on his sister/girlfriend. Pixie is so patient with him. Bless her heart. Any other dog would have eaten him by now.

Back
Top Bottom