Vermont

Pics
Quote:
We use 250lb a week
th.gif
. If you find a good less expensive source...please share.
thumbsup.gif

http://bourdeaubros.com/ this is who we use for our grain. We still buy by the 50lb bag because we don't have a lot but I see large trucks making deliveries all the time from here. I know they make their own grain so they might be someone to talk to about getting grain in bulk. I know their price per bag is only around 10$ when it's closer to 15 at other stores.

I did hear back from Poulin and Green Mountain Feed, they used to sell feed in 100lb bags, but OSHA and Workman's Comp regulations no longer allow them to make 100lb bags of feed. Gotta love it when gov't decides what's best for us all, those dangerously heavy bags of feed must be stopped!
roll.png

I did check out Bourdeau's website, I wasn't aware of them. Their feed is made with no animal protein, not sure I like that. I need to check and see if Poulin and Green Mountain Feed are the same, I really don't know.

Their Middlebury main page starts with an add for Round Up,
sickbyc.gif
I hate that stuff. I know they are just supplying what their customers use, but I'm not a fan of anything Monsanto.

Quote:
We use 250lb a week
th.gif
thumbsup.gif

http://bourdeaubros.com/ this is who we use for our grain. We still buy by the 50lb bag because we don't have a lot but I see large trucks making deliveries all the time from here. I know they make their own grain so they might be someone to talk to about getting grain in bulk. I know their price per bag is only around 10$ when it's closer to 15 at other stores.

Do you like their feed? Middlebury is a bit far for me, but I always like options. $4-5 cheaper per bag might be worth a trip if I bought enough.

Last edited:
Quote:
We use 250lb a week
th.gif
thumbsup.gif

I also use Bourdeau Brothers for grain. I have always liked their products. We only get it in 50lbs bags. I am not sure if they make 100lb bags or not. They used to sell 100lb bags but we have not gotten it in a long time. I get layer, starter and pig grain from them.

Any one in need of 2 older hens?
I have a White Leghorn hen that is mottling at the moment and a New Hampshire Red that is still laying that need to find new homes. They are around 2 1/2 years old. I need to move them to make room for my 6 week olds. I would love to find them a home before winter sets in. I will add pics of them later today. I would like to try on here before posting on craigslist. I live is Ripton which is in Addison County.

Edited to add pics

92414_img_3254.jpg

92414_img_3255.jpg

Last edited:
frow.gif
Hi all,

If anyone is still hatching I have put up and auction for Light Brahma eggs. I also have lots of Marans eggs too!
droolin.gif

Local pick up would save on shipping
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
What breeding are your Brahmas? I might be interested in getting some from you. Right now I only have 2 girls but I would like some more.

Quote:
What breeding are your Brahmas? I might be interested in getting some from you. Right now I only have 2 girls but I would like some more.

I bought an entire flock of 20 from an old farmer in Langdon, NH. Not hatchery birds for sure! Beyond that I can tell you I have been breeding them for 2 years now. The extra roo that I grew out and then ended up processing because noone wanted a roo this time of year - dressed out at 7lbs. These are not "small" birds
smile.png

Wow that's a big bird. I just started with mine I have one roo and two hens but waiting to see them start producing. I am going to need to add more lines come spring if you will have eggs available

Back
Top Bottom