Vermont

Pics
My broody bantam Cochin has been sitting on about 14 eggs for two weeks now...funny to see her flatten out to cover all the eggs. Also have a bear visiting almost every morning...I thought the deer and moose were enough, now more frequent visits by the bear. We've always had a lot of wild-life around but this is getting to be somewhat nerve-wracking. Need to wait a few hours to let the chickies out to free range...

Hello everyone, I live in Southern NH and I'm looking to connect with others in the area. If you reside in NH or near Southern NH please respond to this post. Thanks!

Hello everyone, I live in Southern NH and I'm looking to connect with others in the area. If you reside in NH or near Southern NH please respond to this post. Thanks!
You nknow there will be a Chickenstock in Claremont NH on July 7th? You should go and meet all the chicken folks in your area and some outside your area! Here is a link to the thread about the skarkie chickenstock. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...uly-7-2012-come-one-come-all/230#post_8948281

Quote: Where are you in Southern NH?

I am in Claremont and as Keara said this is THE place to be on July 7th!! Please consider this your personal invite!!
clap.gif
celebrate.gif

There is also a NH thread if you would like to check in over there as well.

Welcome!!
frow.gif

Holy heat, Batman!

This is my first time with chickens and I'm worried about them in the heat... DH said that they spent the day in the woods yesterday, and they seemed fine coming out of their coop this morning. Any tips? They have plenty water available, and they are free ranging during the day...

Holy heat, Batman!

This is my first time with chickens and I'm worried about them in the heat... DH said that they spent the day in the woods yesterday, and they seemed fine coming out of their coop this morning. Any tips? They have plenty water available, and they are free ranging during the day...
you should be fine, water, shade.... you got it covered. Just make sure if you have many chickens that you have more than one waterer so everyone is getting thier fill.

I'm so sorry about your chickens! The ice idea is a good one - good luck, and luckily the heat is breaking a bit today!

Mine are doing well - when I got home last night, they had all dug out a little dirt bath under a bush and were relaxing in it :)

As a side note, my two little roosters were practicing their crows this morning - it was super cute!!! (they are 8 weeks today)

Back
Top Bottom