Vertical eggs and turning

chkn_fvr

In the Brooder
May 21, 2020
Hi everyone,

So I just started my second go of incubating some hatching eggs. I tried with a homemade incubator but because of poor temperature control, didn't have a successful hatch :,( anyways, i have a more reliable incubator now that i can set the temperature in. My biggest concern with the eggs right now is my ability to turn them. The incubator is setup so that the eggs are stored vertically. I still want to rotate these eggs to prevent embryonic deformities/sticking. What is the best way to do this? I know the blunt or larger end should always be pointing up and my incubator instructions suggests that every few hours i just take each egg and tilt to from side to side a few times before setting it back. How often should I be rotating? What happens if they are only rotated a few times per day?

Thanks!

I'm not positive what to do but I would like to join the conversation because, I received quail eggs,( first time ever hatching quail) and they ended up having some detached aircells, so I'm having to do them vertical as well right now. Very curious of what I should do when turning!!

Back
Top Bottom