Very bummed tonight. :(

Quote:
PERFECT! Fireproof would be great to see before taking wedding vows.

Yes, it is very sad to hear of divorce. It is just too darn easy to call it quits these days. Sad. Very sad....

What i think happens IS: Its just too darn easy to TAKE marriage vows today.... people take them when they really arent ready and REALLY dont know who they are marrying...
Thats why i waited until i was an old fart to get married... i kissed all kinds of frogs to find "my" prince...
tongue.png

But sometimes people change... and they can become abusive(verbal or physical)..... or controlling... or you find out they have been lying about who they REALLY are... or they decide the grass is greener somewhere else and cheat on their spouse and break their vows...
Sometimes theres just NO getting over things and staying, if you have any self-respect for your SELF....
You should never ever sacrifice yourself and your TRUE happiness for anyone..
if someone is hurting you... you need to have enough love and respect for YOURSELF to walk away. Marriage vows or not...
Just MY silly opinion, as usual...
tongue.png

Last edited:
Quote:
I felt the same way with my ex. And he DID commit a sin that God is ok with that leads to divorce. Her name was Margarita, then Sandy, then Kelly..... Third time is charm and you are OUTTA here.

Last edited:
Quote:
PERFECT! Fireproof would be great to see before taking wedding vows.

Yes, it is very sad to hear of divorce. It is just too darn easy to call it quits these days. Sad. Very sad....

What i think happens IS: Its just too darn easy to TAKE marriage vows today.... people take them when they really arent ready and REALLY dont know who they are marrying...
Thats why i waited until i was an old fart to get married... i kissed all kinds of frogs to find "my" prince...
tongue.png

But sometimes people change... and they can become abusive(verbal or physical)..... or controlling... or you find out they have been lying about who they REALLY are... or they decide the grass is greener somewhere else and cheat on their spouse and break their vows...
Sometimes theres just NO getting over things and staying, if you have any self-respect for your SELF....
You should never ever sacrifice yourself and your TRUE happiness for anyone..
if someone is hurting you... you need to have enough love and respect for YOURSELF to walk away.
Marriage vows or not...
Just MY silly opinion, as usual...
tongue.png

ding ding ding....quit tellin my story red.
tongue.png

Well, I don't know what's going on with them but I hope and pray they can work things out. I don't *think* abuse would be the reason in this case, but you never know what goes on behind closed doors...
hmm.png
God willing, my dh and I will celebrate our 20th anniversary in September, but we went through a very rough patch during our 5th year and actually separated for a while. Sometimes a separation is what it takes to put things in the right perspective.

My wife left me one time, many years ago. I don't rememeber what
we were fighting about. I'm sure it must of been something I had done.

She packed herself a suitcase, walked out the door. I watched her go.

She went to the end of the driveway, and sat down on a big rock that used
to be there. Come evening, she came back home. Said she didn't have anywhere
to go.

Sounds silly. She left as far as the end of the driveway.

I didn't want her to go. But I also came to realize that I didn't want her to stay
for the wrong reasons.

I focused on her, to give her the ability to be able to leave if she ever felt the need
again. That if I fail in my responsibility as her husband, she has the ability to leave.
I'm not here to fail again.

She now owns this home free and clear. Deeded to her years ago. We now own others.
This one is hers.

This wonderful thing called life that we walk through together...she's free to leave.

It's my job to make her want to stay.

I sometimes feel surprised - but never sad. You never ever really know what goes on between couples. People change - you can wake up one morning and realize that the person you married years before - really doesn't exist anymore. You might also ask if he or she ever really did.

Sometimes separating helps a marriage. several years ago, DH and I hit a really bad time in our marriage. He moved back in with his parents for about 8 months. We kept in touch, still sat together at DS's games, and tried to reconnect as friends, something that seemed to have disappeared. When he finally moved back home, things were a little awkward at first, and different. But, that was nearly 4 years ago and this November we will be celebrating our 18th anniversary. Sometimes absence does make the heart grow fonder. Separation doesnt always lead to divorce...

I'm going to be odd woman out. I don't believe that it's "easy" to get divorced. I've seen plenty of them and divorce is hard, both emotionally and financially. People fight over the kids, the house, the dog, the cars, the jewelry. Their friends have to choose sides...some people try to make their children choose sides. Granted, in most states you no longer have to prove something like abuse or infidelity to get divorced...but that doesn't make divorce easy or convenient.

It still makes me sad to see so many people divorce. My personal feeling is that society as a whole is very discontent with what they have, and a lot of people are constantly thinking that there's an upgrade out there that will make them happier, whether it's a cell phone or a spouse. Little do most of them know that more often than not the upgrade has more glitches than the old model...

Back
Top Bottom