Very bummed tonight. :(

Robin'sBrood

Crowing
12 Years
May 8, 2008
North Carolina
I found out tonight that a couple I've known for years has separated. This news is very distressing to me.... this couple seemed so perfect together, and so in love. It has put me down in the dumps, and I don't know why since we weren't all that close, we are members of the same church and the wife is one of my fb friends. Has anyone else felt this way when hearing of someone's marriage falling apart? I guess just don't want this to be true for them...
hit.gif

Robin'sBrood :

I found out tonight that a couple I've known for years has separated. This news is very distressing to me.... this couple seemed so perfect together, and so in love. It has put me down in the dumps, and I don't know why since we weren't all that close, we are members of the same church and the wife is one of my fb friends. Has anyone else felt this way when hearing of someone's marriage falling apart? I guess just don't want this to be true for them...
hit.gif

I feel that way every time I hear a couple is spliting up.
sad.png
I have noticed that so many couples stop trying, and marriage is work. It's a give and take on both sides, and sometimes people start resenting their partner and do it silently and then it goes to hell in a handbasket.

Now, that being said, and them being believers, has anything happened that would lead you to believe that this seperation is due to one or other committing a sin that God approves divorce for?

I have an example for you. A friend of mine was a pastor at a local church and her (another conversation) hubby did the office work at the church. They were always thought of as a great example of a well rounded couple that loved each other dearly. They split and everyone was shocked. Turned out HE was making propositions to much younger members of the church. Thinking back, he was involved in youth actitivties that often left him alone with juveniles.

Just food for thought.
hugs.gif

It does put you down in the dumps. A lot of people put on a happy face in public but at home it's a different story. That is why it's so hard for people they know to grasp the idea of them splitting. Divorce really has become such a convenient and easy solution. My DH and me have had our share of rough patches and contemplated splitting but I always remind myself that although he may have flaws I will never find another one like him. He treats me wonderfully and would do anything for me. He helps around the house and takes wonderful care of our girls. Those are the things I dwell on when things get rough!! Keep you spirits up and be thankful it's not you.

I had a friend years ago whom I thought had the 'perfect marriage.' Coming from a broken home, I had to find other people to look up to when it came to marriage. Hers was my guideline; it was what I wanted in a marriage for me. She was devastated when she found out her husband was having an affair & they split up. I'm not sure who took it worse, her or me. Ok, that's a slight exageration, but you get my point. I did learn not to idolize other peoples relationships & just do the best I can in my own, but boy was it tough.

I'll be serious for one moment.

I hate it anytime that I hear of a friends marriage breaking up.
Bothers me.

I love my wife with all that I am. And I let her know that on a daily
basis. At the same time, I know I wasn't always like that. Just these
last many years.

Anyone here know what the Love Dare is? Fireproof, the movie?

I figured it out on my own, before I ever saw the Love Dare.

I figured out that if I really wanted her to be a part of my forever life,
that I had to be man enough to show her on a daily basis, how much
she means to me.

And I do.

It depends on why they split up...
If they have been in an abusive/controlling, or cheating relationship... and they have been unhappy. Then i think that its best to split and move on and find some happiness. Theres NO reason to live like that.... none at all.
But, If i see someone split over silly, petty things.... that i know can be worked through if they BOTH put their pride behind them, and make an effort.... then yeah... i feel bad when i see that.
What REALLY makes me feel sad is when i see people living a miserable life just because they are "married". They take all kinds of abuse and meanness in the name of marriage... and their children grow up seeing it... not good.

A very wise man once told me that for a marriage to work
that we each need to give 110% every day...and when that
isn't enough, that it's time to reach down deep and give it more.

Give it all you've got.

I guess I'm weird, because I don't feel heartbroken when people separate or divorce. I figure, it obviously wasn't THAT good for them, or they'd still be together. I remember back when I got divorced, so many people said, "Oh, wow, I'm so sorry!", and I was like, "don't be, I'm not". I wouldn't want to see a couple stay together just because they seemed good together, if in fact, they weren't actually happy.

Back
Top Bottom