Sick hen: hunched, tail down and slow movements!

I’ve gotten both supplements into her, so hopefully she will show some improvement by evening. Praying they help!!!

So this evening our gal seems to have some improvement- I wasn’t super hopeful, but I’ll take it!
Coloring and stance is better- the waddle is less pronounced. Her comb color was much better this morning- several shades brighter and also not looking as sleepy. She rested laying down a lot today, but seems to have a little more strength than the past two days. I gave an am and pm dose of calcium citrate and have been giving water and yogurt via syringe. I also use homeopathy, and have given Hepar Sulph and Bryonia- both to help with likely infection for several doses.
Not out of the woods yet by any means, but we may have caught her soon enough to see her through!

Just to let those of you who helped me know, this one hen of ours made it almost 2 additional weeks. She did start to improve- demeanor, color and even drinking on her own and wanting to mingle with the flock, but a bad weather day set her back and she couldn’t bounce back. I truly think something internal besides the potential of some bad food contributed and I don’t think I could have done more for her even if I knew exactly her issue was. Saddened, but glad she’s no longer suffering.

Thank you for all your help and suggestions! I’ve learned a lot moving forward!

Back
Top Bottom