Very first bunny babies!

I was lucky enough to have been around on the kits first venture from the nest!
big_smile.png
It was overwhelmingly cute!

This is on day 22

They went right for the food as well as exploring. I love that one looks just like mama. I call that kit her mini-me.
Awe!! They are looking good! I like mini-me's name :)

yeah, i used to just break even which was totally great. but now i make some money because my rabbits are mostly fed from my garden, so food costs keep getting lower every year :)

Very nice! I would love to eventually get there. May I ask what you grow for them?

Day 23
I feel a little sorry for Hassen who now will get little peace. The kits are all over and especially in the food dish. Poor Hassen.

Party in the food dish. They also have a shallow dish inside the house and extra alfalfa hay.

Here I am weighing them at 25 days of age. Almost all of them were 0.6 lbs. One was 0.55
I love this kit's pretty grey coat. I think it's called Chinchilla gray? Not 100% sure though as it also seems to have some hint of brown.

And a goat! They like to clean up any food that falls under the hutch.

Very nice! I would love to eventually get there. May I ask what you grow for them?
All kinds of things. The main things are lettuce (romaine and spring mix type stuff), celery (they get the leaves, we get the stalk), asparagus, mint, dill, basil, rasberry leaves and fruit, blackberry leaves and fruit, kale, and carrots are the main things. Oh, and don't give them very many carrot roots, because they are super sugary (like rabbit candy) but the leaves are great for them. I also grow fodder, and some grains like corn, millet, and wheat for them and the birds over winter. And they get lots of hay, we get it pretty cheap, and grow a little bit ourselves :)
Here I am weighing them at 25 days of age. Almost all of them were 0.6 lbs. One was 0.55
I love this kit's pretty grey coat. I think it's called Chinchilla gray? Not 100% sure though as it also seems to have some hint of brown.

And a goat! They like to clean up any food that falls under the hutch.
not bad...they are sure getting big!! LOL, funny goat. What kind of goats do you have??

All kinds of things. The main things are lettuce (romaine and spring mix type stuff), celery (they get the leaves, we get the stalk), asparagus, mint, dill, basil, rasberry leaves and fruit, blackberry leaves and fruit, kale, and carrots are the main things. Oh, and don't give them very many carrot roots, because they are super sugary (like rabbit candy) but the leaves are great for them. I also grow fodder, and some grains like corn, millet, and wheat for them and the birds over winter. And they get lots of hay, we get it pretty cheap, and grow a little bit ourselves :)
not bad...they are sure getting big!! LOL, funny goat. What kind of goats do you have??

Thanks!
We only moved here the end of summer. So I don't have a garden started yet, but have all this winter to plan and build beds for spring.
I rarely give carrots or any fruit. It's a special treat like you said. I have many animals that eat similar greens so I'm going to try and plant those. I'm thinking of sprouting grains and planting amaranth and millet. Clovers, rye grass, wheat. LOL if only I could grow *all the things*!
We can get hay pretty cheap locally, but it's often really coarse so I am not sure about giving it to the rabbits. What do you think- is hay that's a blend of local stuff okay?

I have a pair of Nigerian Dwarf goats. They are getting a bigger area when I finish the fencing. So their time to clean around the hutch is limited.

Thanks!
We only moved here the end of summer. So I don't have a garden started yet, but have all this winter to plan and build beds for spring.
I rarely give carrots or any fruit. It's a special treat like you said. I have many animals that eat similar greens so I'm going to try and plant those. I'm thinking of sprouting grains and planting amaranth and millet. Clovers, rye grass, wheat. LOL if only I could grow *all the things*!
We can get hay pretty cheap locally, but it's often really coarse so I am not sure about giving it to the rabbits. What do you think- is hay that's a blend of local stuff okay?

I have a pair of Nigerian Dwarf goats. They are getting a bigger area when I finish the fencing. So their time to clean around the hutch is limited.
your welcome :) yeah, almost every animal around here likes most of those. i know, i wish i had more room to grow even more! I'm not positive about the hay, i might be concerned with poisonous plants in it if it wasn't grown for animals. if it was, then it would be fine most likely.

lol, i love nigerians. :) Do you milk them??

your welcome :) yeah, almost every animal around here likes most of those. i know, i wish i had more room to grow even more! I'm not positive about the hay, i might be concerned with poisonous plants in it if it wasn't grown for animals. if it was, then it would be fine most likely.

lol, i love nigerians. :) Do you milk them??

I am so new to all of this, and I'm learning as much as I can! The girl goat is pregnant, but I'm not sure how far along she is since she was already bred when we got them. I hope to milk her, but so far I'm taking time to just get her to trust me and get comfortable with my hands touching her at all. The pair came from a poor situation, so I'm taking time with getting them in condition and eating properly. If she is too stressed to let me milk her, then at least her kids will grow up with better care and then I can milk them in the future. I'm also looking to get her some doe friends that are friendly and maybe that will help her not be nervous too.

I am so new to all of this, and I'm learning as much as I can! The girl goat is pregnant, but I'm not sure how far along she is since she was already bred when we got them. I hope to milk her, but so far I'm taking time to just get her to trust me and get comfortable with my hands touching her at all. The pair came from a poor situation, so I'm taking time with getting them in condition and eating properly. If she is too stressed to let me milk her, then at least her kids will grow up with better care and then I can milk them in the future. I'm also looking to get her some doe friends that are friendly and maybe that will help her not be nervous too.
Thats cool! I hope that her babies are strong and healthy, and that she will calm down enough to be milked!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom