Very first bunny babies!

Yeah. It looked like a poodle cut gone horribly wrong - fur on the head, feet and tail, and a mohawk down her back, and everything else bare skin! Silly girl!
gig.gif
LOL!! that gave me the funniest picture
gig.gif

Day 13

The kits are hopping about the nest a lot!

They do have eyes open. This one nearly hopped out of the nest!

Tiny tails!
AWE! They are looking great!

Day 18 (I've been behind on documenting bunnies while throwing all my energy into a chicken coop build- more on that elsewhere soon!)

AWE!!!!!!!! They are so big!!! What are you going to do with them when they are adults??? I LOVE THEM!!!!

Some will be for sale, and some will be for us to eat. I'm also learning about how to tan hides so we can sell or use their furs. Pretty sure I may hold one from this litter for future breedstock too.

Some will be for sale, and some will be for us to eat. I'm also learning about how to tan hides so we can sell or use their furs. Pretty sure I may hold one from this litter for future breedstock too.
cool...we also sell some and eat some :) Tanning hides is really cool, and they actually sell for around 10 bucks each on ebay (sometimes more). It's really cool keeping the fur! I kept some of the babies in my first litter...i fell in love with couple, even though i kept telling myself they were food, lol :)

cool...we also sell some and eat some :) Tanning hides is really cool, and they actually sell for around 10 bucks each on ebay (sometimes more). It's really cool keeping the fur! I kept some of the babies in my first litter...i fell in love with couple, even though i kept telling myself they were food, lol :)

Nice! I am hoping I can get good enough with the furs to make some money like that. It would be great if I can sell enough to cover the costs of their food. That's my hopeful goal :)

I was lucky enough to have been around on the kits first venture from the nest!
big_smile.png
It was overwhelmingly cute!

This is on day 22

They went right for the food as well as exploring. I love that one looks just like mama. I call that kit her mini-me.

Nice! I am hoping I can get good enough with the furs to make some money like that. It would be great if I can sell enough to cover the costs of their food. That's my hopeful goal :)
yeah, i used to just break even which was totally great. but now i make some money because my rabbits are mostly fed from my garden, so food costs keep getting lower every year :)

Back
Top Bottom