Very good movie - "Secret Life of Bees"

I read the book a couple years ago when it came out. Found it entertaining with some reservations. My girls and I saw the movie. I thought Queen Latifa was lovely in the role she played. My only fault is the movie could have been a bit more detailed.

lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
I made DH watch this with me Sunday night.
He said it was a Disney movie cause the mom dies in the opening scenes...

It was very good, and I thought it was very true to the book. Good casting, too.

Before we watched "Secret Life" we watched "Nights in Rodanthe."
DH was very
sickbyc.gif
over that one, and I didn't like it as much as I expected to.
DH says I've used up all my chik-flik credits for the rest of the year, and we can only watch action/adventure type movies from now on
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

DH says I've used up all my chik-flik credits for the rest of the year, and we can only watch action/adventure type movies from now on

gig.gif
lau.gif

Now you will have to only rent movies that show explosions on the cover!​

Quote:
gig.gif
lau.gif

Now you will have to only rent movies that show explosions on the cover!

As many times as he's watched "There Will Be Blood!" and that Johnny Depp barber-slasher thing I think I'm still due some chik-fliks....

I did read the book! I thought that the movie did a nice job respecting the book. Like MP said, it could be more detailed, and yet it was still very nicely done.

Jennifer Hudson's nuanced performance of a young black woman whose eyes are opened to a new way of being was lovely. Queen Latifah was, as MP says, very good.

Back
Top Bottom