Very Happy with my Mt. Healthy order

Pics

nuthatched

Orneriness & Co.
Premium Feather Member
Nov 9, 2019
God's Country, Az
On April 1st, I received an urgent email from McMurray, they had tragically confirmed bird flu in one of their breeder barns and I would have to adjust my order. Unfortunately, all but two birds in my order were affected by the restriction and any Pullet or even straight run chicks were sold out until Mid-September. It didn't make too much difference to me but a few families at church had also ordered specific chicks through my order for specifically early May
That started the search for available Pullet chicks, to be delivered in a little more than a month. After a few frustrated hours of searching and comparing availability, prices, various fees and shipping, I had settled on Mt. Healthy Hatchery out of Mt. Healthy, Ohio.
The prices were fair, even for breeds frequently deemed 'rare', and I especially like the availability page, where you can select all the breeds you're interested in and all common availability dates will be listed. No graphs or back and forth checking.
Right after I completed my purchase, I realized I never confirmed my ship date, checking my invoice, I accidentally choose the following Monday as my ship date! I emailed them right away asking to cancel or to move my ship date, the next morning, I received an email back asking what my prefered ship date would be and while I was typing up a response, I got a call from a nice lady from Mt. Healthy to change my ship date and it was easily changed without fee.
My chicks arrived this morning, bright eyed and bouncy, one even tried to make a break for it when I opened the box at the post office to show the post office ladies.
I received an extra chick that is likely another Sussex but since she's a little fluffier and a fair bit lighter, I have talked myself into believing she's a Beilifelder but time will tell.
They are lounging in their brooder right now, beautifully marked and absolutely "the healthiest chicks".
I'm definitely ordering from them again in the future as needed.
20220505_100451.jpg
20220505_211329.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations on a good delivery! Did you just order Sussex? They are so cute!
I ordered speckled sussex, Barnevelders and Partridge Plymouth Rocks, unfortunately one of the Partridge rocks died last night, I think shipping was just too much for her, which is a pity, I only ordered 3 of those. Everyone else is bouncing around. :]

My extra from Mount Healthy was a hen :) So it is not always a roo they throw in!
Mine turned out to be a Sussex, and a pullet but she doesn't have the mottled mahogany-red color feathers like her sisters, but bright red. She's the first picture, and then compared to another. 20220809_103156.jpg 20220807_154853.jpg

Back
Top Bottom