fahad

Songster
10 Years
Sep 16, 2009
Karachi, Pakistan
hello,

I just built my first incubator out of a cardboard box
big_smile.png

The humidity here (Karachi, Pakistan) is about 70%.

I've read that you should have 55 to 60% humidity.

how do i bring it down. Help!

As the air heats inside it will affect humidity, you need to get a hygrometer to measure it, I got a cheap dial one for just a few euros. I run my incubator at 55-58% days 1 to 18 and as high as I can for the last three, usually about 70-80%

I switched on my incubator without eggs, and after a few hours the humidity inside is 66% ... I have a TIMEX digital hygrometer i bought from amazon.com .. I still dont understand how to get the humidity down to 55%. confused.

Last edited:
If You Have A Basin Of Water, Take It Out, If Not A Few Silca Crystals ( The Kind You Get In New Shoes Or Handbags/luggage Bags) Will Take Some Moisture From The Air, But It Should Be Ok As It Is

Sorry, I meant Silica

They ARE toxic, so keep in the little paper packets and keep them in a dry spot. When taken out, throw them away.

Did you calibrate the hygrometer? I do mine evry time I set an new batch of eggs, even though I used the same one before.

Last edited:
thanks, i'll use silica packets and see how it goes.

This may sound stupid but how do you caliberate a hygrometer? I just took mine out of the box and put a battery in it.

Wrap it in a damp cloth, just wet enough not to drip, leave for ten minutes. It should then read 98%. That's the instructions fo rmine anyway. Calibrate it first before setting any eggs or using silica

Back
Top Bottom