very irrisponsible, unlike me, now needs help please!

don't worry about it being irresponsible
big_smile.png

i bought 2 silkies from a live meat market and i had no idea the age or sex and when i got them they were very unhealthy. they would hardly walk or move and i was sure they would both die. after a few days they were like regular healthy chickens and enjoying taking their first dust baths. so im sure your chickens will be fine and they look very healthy
love.gif

Now anyone who knows me knows I don't like dolts, but I don't think you are a dolt, unless you keep beating yourself up. So knock it off!

They look like nice birds and I think they are two roos and a hen , due to the thickness of the legs. The white being the hen. Sex is not something that even the experts can determine early on. As for breed the UK has different breeds than we do here in the US so I can't really tell.
If you can't have roos, sell or give them away and try again. If you can find a friendly farmer you may get what you want. If you can have roos keep the one you want and do with the other what you will.

Wishing you the best

Rancher

Last edited:
You folks are making me laugh!
ya.gif

First, to vickyharry, be easier on yourself! You were more prepared than most and it's not like you're risking their lives or anything. Worst case, you'll have 3 roos and may have to rehome a couple, then get some pullets. Best case, they're all pullets and everything is wonderful. They do look like pullets, by the way.

Those of you who are sneaking eggs past your husbands are making me feel much better! I have a new incubator hidden in the kitchen that my hubby knows nothing about, and I have a plan to get some Copper Marans eggs as soon as I can figure out the timing (I have 12 chicks in a brooder right now and they won't be moving out until they're a little older). This is my first foray into chickendom and our hen house isn't even finished yet. LOL!!

Thanks for making my day!
thumbsup.gif

welcome-byc.gif
from Maryland.

Chicken math was a new concept to me until 6 chicks turned into 18 in a months time. At least you were building your coop and were really planning this. And who can resist such beautiful pullets? And they're past the "face only a mother could love" phase too. They are beautiful birds. Enjoy!

I'm so glad I found this forum. You guys are just like me! I did have to walk away from the chicks at the feed store today. I'm limiting myself to older hens to avoid fights and roosters and raising chicks in my bathtub...again.
smile.png

thank god i found this forum!!!!!

okay so i'll stop beating myself up and hopefully just learn from it.

i have no idea what they are, you guys seem to have different ideas but whatever they are i know they will have a good home, even if i have to find them new homes because they are roos, i will make sure they get the best!

for now i will just enjoy them and wait to see the outcome....

but i know i am in good company on here so i will keep up with the chats lol!!!

thanks again xx

welcome to the forum Vicky You will find the best of the best here on BYC Everyone is here to help and enjoy our addictions Join in the maddness and you will find you are among some of the nicest people around Micki

The darker one looks like my Americana otherwise known as the easter egger, the buff colored looks like it may be a buff orphington, and I'm not sure about the white one.

Look how lucky you are!! These new beauties have helped you start some wonderful friendships!! And look at all the fun it will be seeing if anybody gets their breed right!! My vote on the darkish one is a black sex-link....anybody else wondering if the white one could have brahma in it??? Good luck and enjoy them, they will make you laugh and will always listen to all your problems!! Enjoy!!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom