Very large saddle aircell, day 24 duck eggs.

Oh! I've been locking down on day 26! No wonder I may have had so many Mal posions in the past!!!

It's ok! :hugs Honestly a couple days early or a day late shouldn't hurt your hatch as long as you don't candle and see a clear early hatch like yours appears to be preparing for!
Also something to consider, when you set very fresh eggs like laid within 1-3 days of setting in the incubator, those eggs will hatch earlier than an egg that has been sitting out for 5-7 days before setting.

It's ok! :hugs Honestly a couple days early or a day late shouldn't hurt your hatch as long as you don't candle and see a clear early hatch like yours appears to be preparing for!
Also something to consider, when you set very fresh eggs like laid within 1-3 days of setting in the incubator, those eggs will hatch earlier than an egg that has been sitting out for 5-7 days before setting.
Oh! Neat to know!!
It makes sense!
I'm going to do one last candle while I set them for lock down,
I think "mega saddle cell" might be malpositioned though since his feet were kicking at the air cell this morning.
Or maybe he has spun around? :fl

Oh! Neat to know!!
It makes sense!
I'm going to do one last candle while I set them for lock down,
I think "mega saddle cell" might be malpositioned though since his feet were kicking at the air cell this morning.
Or maybe he has spun around? :fl

Fingers crossed that he gets into position for hatching and you have a great overall hatch! Good luck!

Saddle cells are usually not too much of a problem! In my super limited experience, you’ll see a bruise forming on the shell if they try to pip on the wrong end.

Just because it’s saddled doesn’t mean it will be shrink wrapped and he has plenty of time to turn right side up!
I hope you are right!!!
My BIGGEST concern was how large the air cell itself. It is the largest I have ever seen significantly larger than all others!

Back
Top Bottom