Very low carb / Atkins friendly recipes....

SterlingAcres

Songster
11 Years
Apr 17, 2008
Poconos, PA
If you have one, please post here. I'd like to enjoy my holidays without cheating.
lol.png

I'm thinking deviled eggs or pickled eggs are okay to eat? Correct?

You are correct
thumbsup.gif
Another is celery w/creamcheese or lettuce w/C. Cheese and olives.......... Chicken salad is good. I like rolling up a piece of lettuce with ham, cheese, sprouts, whatever else and some italian type dressing for taste. I find it good to keep handle a couple of things of deli meat and cheese to have something quick and easy when you need it. I eat omlets alot
smile.png

I love these things...My DH doesn't do low carb and I can't keep him out of them when I make them. I form some "bowls" out of foil using a small bowl as a form...then spray them with cooking spray.

Cinnamon Cheese Danish Atkins Rolls
Posted 5-28-2003 by CarolynF

Pastry portion:

3 extra large eggs, separated (reserving 1 yolk for filling)
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
1/4 cup granulated Splenda or 3 packets or Splenda other sweeteners
1-teaspoon cinnamon
3 Tbs. sour cream

Filling:

4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 egg yolk (from above)
1/4 cup granulated Splenda or 3 packages, etc.
1/4-teaspoon vanilla

Microwave cream cheese until soft. Remove and add the 1 egg yolk, sweetener, extract, and flavoring. Fill pastries.

Pastry directions:

Separate eggs, putting the whites in a large bowl and the yolks in a medium bowl. Take 1 yolk out and put it in a little dish to reserve for filling. With your electric beater, whip whites and cream of tartar until very stiff.

Add sour cream, cinnamon, sweetener to the yolks and beat well until smooth

Gently fold yolk mixture into the whites, using a big spatula, being careful to get it all blended well. Then Spray a cookie sheet or muffin top pan (the best way), and plop 6 equal mounds of batter to make 6 Danish. Make an indent on each mound and fill with filling. Bake about 25-35 minutes at 300 until golden brown. Remove, cool and enjoy

Picture333CinnamonCheeseDanishAtkin.jpg

Picture332CinnamonCheeseDanishAtkin.jpg

Last edited:
I love Linda Sue's recipes. (I run in to her on low carb forums on occasion. Very nice lady
big_smile.png
) I am thinking about making her twice baked cauliflower.

I lost a lot of weight with atkins, but I gained it back when I ate badly aftewards! OOPS...

Anyway- When I was true to the diet, it was easy.

Stuffed mushrooms- Atkins Style.

Stuffing mushrooms.
Breakfast Sausage.
Cream Cheese.

Cook the breakfast sausage (I prefer hot) and drain. Add the stick of cream cheese and blend. After stemming the 'shrooms stuff each cap with the cream cheese and sausage and bake at 350 till all bubbly and the mushrooms look done.

Deeeelish!

Back
Top Bottom