Very poorly chicken

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by deanandpip, Mar 29, 2017.

1. deanandpip

deanandpip New Egg

Mar 29, 2017
    Need some help had an extremely malnourished chicken that stopped eating and drinking started tube feeding mix of pellets and water she perked up and gained a little weight been doing this for bout 2 months still won't eat herself. Lately noticed her crop is constantly filling with fluid have empire her crop and held off all food and only giving water and acv but it is just sitting in the crop til I empty it running out of ideas on what to do really want to save her as we have got her this far

2. PD-Riverman

PD-Riverman Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2012
    Conway SC
    Welcome!!

Have you wormed her----if she is loaded with worms---she will never get better until they are gone. "Mine" like that were loaded with tape worms---they eat good till right up to when they could not go anymore---falling over or just laying. It takes a "better" wormer for tape worms so In my opinion I do not worm them with the "other" wormer---just use the better to start with. I use fenbendazole---it will get them. If you have not wormed her and want to use that---just ask we will tell you what to do.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by