Very Serious Cat Problem.......Could Use Advice ASAP UPDATE

I don't know, but that's really good to hear!
thumbsup.gif

If she's responding to benedryll-- then it is something environmental from the new addition, or a food allergy...

OR the benedryll relaxed her enough to reduce the stress...

BUT: there are MANY stories of people getting VERY ill from respritory problems after remodeling their homes.

Carpet fibers and backing dust, Mold released when tearing out old carpet/walls/windows... I'd go to Lowe's ASAP and get a "whole-house" air cleaner-- they aren't cheap-- around $120-- but if it makes ALL of you better-- it is well worth it, and a LOT less than medical bills for both Kitty AND the family!!!

Quote:
Actually, I have a very good hepa filter that I run everyday..all day long. I've done this for a long time.

As far as our addition........it's knotty pine with a laminate floor. So, I know it's not carpet or paint. Could be sawdust though. Seems to me she started this before we did the addition but it's one of those things I didn't track date wise very well.

The important thing is that for now at least she stopped. I'm thinking the benedryl somehow broke the cycle. It could be stress.....that's my thinking. We had that awful ice storm in January and were without power for 16 days. WE were stressed. She might have got stressed out from that too.

If she starts it again I'll try the benedry again. Just praying she won't. Now, I have to clean and wash like crazy to get those allergens out the the house.

We're still not feeling that great.

Back
Top Bottom