Very sick chicken

mamagg

Chirping
7 Years
Jan 19, 2013
SO, my hen is over 7 years old and I am assuming she is on her way out - I like to call it "home". ANYWAY she has lice (yes I treated her), hasn't eaten for over 4 days, hasn't walked for over 4 days, etc. I give her water every 4 hours or so by syringe, but she has never changed. I do not have an axe or way to end her. I am afraid of how much pain she is in. I am thinking I will head out and buy an axe - should be something every chicken owner owns.... Any help?

Thank you everyone. You have assumed correctly - she has not laid for over a year, maybe longer. Her crop was FULL! It emptied out a bit with me adding water and massaging. I had her on "liquid drench" (not sure if that is the exact name) I had her quarantined in her own pen and there was no poop on the floor - ever (for 6 days!) She was a pet♥ My husband helped me send her home yesterday. She never walked, ate, etc after Monday. I am just too sad... Thank you all for carring♥

Thank you everyone. You have assumed correctly - she has not laid for over a year, maybe longer. Her crop was FULL! It emptied out a bit with me adding water and massaging. I had her on "liquid drench" (not sure if that is the exact name) I had her quarantined in her own pen and there was no poop on the floor - ever (for 6 days!) She was a pet♥ My husband helped me send her home yesterday. She never walked, ate, etc after Monday. I am just too sad... Thank you all for carring♥
I'm sorry for your loss:hugs

Back
Top Bottom