Very small silkie

Celiandy

Songster
9 Years
Jul 2, 2010
Port Angeles
I have a little black showgirl/silkie (Peanut). She is sooo small, about 1/3 the size of a regular one. She is about 5 months old, so she should be getting close to her full size. Is this common? Should I try to breed mini silkies? Is there something that can happen in the upbringing that can stunt their growth? I got rid of her siblings but they seemed a little bigger. I'll try to take some pics if anyone is interested in seeing her.

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but it was the closest that I could find.

Thanks!

I have a dwarf/runt silkie. She will be 3 this fall. She is very tiny and will not lay. She laid about 3 eggs, then that was it. She's so adorable, I can't get rid of here. She will be here till she dies.

Last edited:
Interesting, I wonder if they don't usually lay. Thanks for your responses, it's good to know she's not the only one out there.

I have a runt also!
wink.png

Cynthia is correct, I did have a dwarf. She died last Summer after she started internally laying.

There is a physical difference between a dwarf and a small Silkie. It would take me forever to find Dwarf's pic but I'll give it a try. Their bodies are more round and the legs are quite a bit shorter. Cynthia has pics of another breed that was a dwarf.

Back
Top Bottom