Very strange chicken

Chickem707

Songster
Jul 11, 2018
So I’ve made a post about this before i think, but got no answers or suggestions to why she is this way. I have a hen which i got about a month ago, and she’s just quite weird. I got her with 3 other hens, which are all fine. They settled in well, but this hen doesn’t really like to stand near the others. She always goes back in the chicken house and goes to bed a few hours before the others, and seems to be at the bottom of the pecking order. One thing I’ve noticed recently is she will grab a hen by the neck feathers until they run away, this is unusual for her as she is quite timid. I think she is also quite old. Her stance is also very strange, she almost looks egg bound. (She definitely is not I’ve seen her lay eggs and poo for a month) Anyone ever had a hen like this?

Attachments

• 3913FB16-CF15-48EE-B147-79A20F83D4C4.jpeg
    3913FB16-CF15-48EE-B147-79A20F83D4C4.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
  • 176F6FFE-5005-4D9C-95D4-1BD91330657D.jpeg
    176F6FFE-5005-4D9C-95D4-1BD91330657D.jpeg
    973.1 KB · Views: 24
Do you have a better picture of her feet? They look odd. I have a hen like this. She was attacked by a hawk at a young age and suffered a stab wound in her neck. She acts more like a cat than a chicken. We say she's "half mentally challenged" because she's off on her pecking and often completely misses treats when right in front of her. Video of her behavior might be nice too. We want to rule out possible illness.

Do you have a better picture of her feet? They look odd. I have a hen like this. She was attacked by a hawk at a young age and suffered a stab wound in her neck. She acts more like a cat than a chicken. We say she's "half mentally challenged" because she's off on her pecking and often completely misses treats when right in front of her. Video of her behavior might be nice too. We want to rule out possible illness.
I think her feet are quite normal. I’ll try to get a video

Back
Top Bottom