VERY STRANGE QUESTION I THINK

lightbread48

In the Brooder
11 Years
Feb 23, 2008
Thomasville Ga
I haven't done this yet. . . . tho I have to admit I have been thinking about it. If I put food coloring in my water bowls or in the food will it change the color of my eggs? I thought it would be super cool if my hens could lay eggs that are pre-dyed for Easter. I know this sounds kind of silly, but what do yall think?

Lightbread

I dont know but im about to try it on some roos i have pened up so it want really madder on the results. I'll check back tommarow and see what happens

[I dont know but im about to try it on some roos i have pened up so it want really madder on the results]

hu.gif
why?

Yep, it will change the color of their poo and internal organs. Same thing if you drank the dye yourself. Liver is great at filtering things out. Egg shell color is determined by genetics.

Quote:
because they are just extra roos that are mutts , they dont really have a purpose, theya re penned up because of my roo to hen ration, they tear the crapp out of my hens backs, but i dont expect them to get sick or anything.

Quote:
because they are just extra roos that are mutts , they dont really have a purpose, theya re penned up because of my roo to hen ration, they tear the crapp out of my hens backs, but i dont expect them to get sick or anything.

Their still animals and you don't want to hurt them.........do you?
th.gif

Giving food colored water to birds won't hurt them... but it also won't do anything to them other than dye their poo. I personally wouldn't do it or recommend it as there's not really a point other than to show that it gets filtered out of the system.

Back
Top Bottom