Very unusual chick, Guinea / chicken hybrid!!

Hey! Thanks for the update, great setup. Really like that barring. Definitely can see Malay influence.
No problem, and thanks :) Now to build another 10 or so :p The hybrids are definitely big boned like the malay, but have very guineaish heads! They are getting more and more white as they age also.

They are great - I would say they look more guinea than chicken which is interesting 

I was think a 3 way cross but more so a cross malay roo as the father was is showing through with the barring. What about we start a new sub forum just on hybrids as everyone here just loves them so such

Hey!   Thanks for the update,  great setup.  Really like that barring.  Definitely can see Malay influence.

Hi Kev are you hybridizing any pheasants? I want to try a malay x pheasant but I will use a pure malay roo I think could work out better

They sure are unique looking :D

They are wonderful!!! Well done bemba!! they look healthy and happy!!! The new coop looks great as well. That's our next project as well. Our girls need a better home :) We learn as we go and with the -30c we have had all winter I want to work on something more winter proof for them. They are holding up really well so far so this winter but as a new chicken mama I always want to improve and they are our babies so no such thing as spoiling them with a house better than my own!! lol
yippiechickie.gif

Naturegirl44 do you have any hybrids? would be awesome to see them if you do

no, we have no hybrids. We with so many chickens, our roo doesn't cover Miss Guinea that often but I have seen it done. We are also not doing any incubating or growing our own at this point. Just rescues for the time being and making sure they all have a happy, healthy chicken life for their reminder of time on this earth. Maybe one day :)

They are wonderful!!! Well done bemba!! they look healthy and happy!!! The new coop looks great as well. That's our next project as well. Our girls need a better home :) We learn as we go and with the -30c we have had all winter I want to work on something more winter proof for them. They are holding up really well so far so this winter but as a new chicken mama I always want to improve and they are our babies so no such thing as spoiling them with a house better than my own!! lol
yippiechickie.gif

Thanks :)) We don't get so cold here which is good as I don't cope well with the cold LOL.... Summers can be quite full on though.

Back
Top Bottom