VERY UPSET ...Shipping of chicks through the USPS~

The OP?
the what?
hide.gif

Quote:
The question was how THE POST OFFICE ... can pass the chicks to FEDEX ... and FEDEX ... can not be held accountable! FEDEX ... is not held to the same standards as the post office!!!
he.gif

That is the problem i have ... NOT THE TIME OF YEAR ... NOT HOW LONG IT TOOK ... !!!

Quote:
The question was how THE POST OFFICE ... can pass the chicks to FEDEX ... and FEDEX ... can not be held accountable! FEDEX ... is not held to the same standards as the post office!!!
he.gif

That is the problem i have ... NOT THE TIME OF YEAR ... NOT HOW LONG IT TOOK ... !!!

Well with express mail if it is guaranteed then obviously USPS is responsible, not whoever they delegate to.

Quote:
Tracking made a difference in the outcome of the NEXT delivery for me; I had birds come express mail, and tracking was 'unavailable' every time I checked, then after delivery the whole 3 day trip was posted on tracking, & I saw that they had spent the night in the hub 20 short miles away. So, when I got the second birds (from the same person) I begged them to let me pick them up at the hub. My PO gave me the back line there, and told them I'd be calling. I met them there, and the bottom of their box (a good Horizon NEST) was soaked to the point it might have broken through by the time they got here. (not PO's fault, just time & soggy fruit & poo in the box) They were very happy to get here and get warm & dry. Poor guys had to go several hundred miles northwest of where they began, then flew to 70 miles south of me, then trucked up to me. If only they could travel as the crow flies.

Daps I'm very sorry for your loss
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
I hope the remaining babies do well. The one in the pic sure looks happy
smile.png

ETA not saying you had this option, just spreading the word in case anyone can benefit
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
he.gif

But accountable for what? They arrived within the prescribed time frame so were not lost. Not being scanned is not the same as being lost.

What everyone is trying to explain to you is that for the chicks to die within that period of time, something else must have gone wrong (and no we don't think it's your fault
roll.png
) Either you were shipped chicks that were too old to make the journey, they got chilled, or they weren't thriving to begin with.

The question was how THE POST OFFICE ... can pass the chicks to FEDEX ... and FEDEX ... can not be held accountable!

If they hadn't done it, it's possible it might have taken longer. Maybe there was a bottleneck in the distribution system.​

Back
Top Bottom